Welcome Guest, please Log In or Register
Logged in as Guest
INBOX () / Alerts () / MY CONTROLS / LOG OUT /

Add Reply
New Poll

From Rising Sun to Western Empire, Natsumi and Akane go to Austria!
Akane Mori
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 04:39 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

Climbing out of her family's car Akane ran around to the back, feeling like she was already late, and even more wanting to get the good bye's all done and said. It was going to suck everyone knew this, it was like a band-aid everyone said. She drug the suitcase up to the side of the car and went to say something to her family, but the entire thing was drowned out by roar of some plane’s engines roaring to life as it too off over their heads.

Looking now she realized her mother was crying as they stood there. She stepped into her and gave her a hug, telling her not to worry that it wouldn’t be that long, and that they could always talk over the internet. When she felt her mother’s warm tears on her cheek she could feel cracks in the cool demeener she’d been trying to get herself into for the last week already forming.

They seemed to stay together there at the drop offs for an hour if not more. “I’ve gotta check in.” She finally managed to say, trying her best to pull away from their never ending stream of hugs and advice on subjects that they were as qualified as her to talk about.

Finally after a painful amount of time saying good byes she got away from them, somehow managing not to have cried, though it felt like any other good-byes would have broken her where ever she had been standing when it was made.

Standing behind the security gate she waved at them before turning and running off dragging her heavy bag behind her. Even though it was the largest that the airline would let her take without having to pay extra. Even with it’s size she knew the one of the first things she’d have to do once in she was off the plane would be to go and buy some new clothes as there were precious few in her bag, just two days worth. The rest of the space taken up by music books and other essentials that she would need there. Well mostly music books.

As she walked through the airport she pulled her cellphone to see if anyone had sent her any texts, she looked at it for a moment confused when it was turned off, but then realized she’d already switched it over to an European carrier and couldn’t turn it back on until after she was already on the ground. She looked at her boarding pass and felt her stomach sink a little as she noticed she would be at gate four. “Ugh, really that’s the foot I start out on...” She grumbled to herself even if she had never really thought of it before, it just seemed like a bad sign.

Letting out a sigh she continued her walk as she looked around for the others who would be going with her on this exchange program. There had only been five spots on this trip and not only had she managed to get one but her friend Natsumi had managed as well, though their friends Fuko and Yuki had both applied neither of them had gotten a slot, even those it was those two cousins who had told them about this in the first place. She’d have to bring them back something really nice.

She was practically at the gate already and hadn’t seen any of the other girls yet. She bit her lip wondering where they could be. Her stomach started to sink and she checked her watch, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw that she was still good on time. She wondered if she had managed be the first one here.
^
An
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 02:14 AM
""
N/A
is N/A.

"...yes, yes, I'll be careful. I'll stay with the group and I'll ask Akane to come with me if I need to go somewhere--correction: I'll make Akane go with me if I need to go somewhere...yes, yes, I'll call you when the plane lands. And when I get to my room...I don't know the room number...I'm not there yet am I..? I already said I'll call when I get there. I'm not a toddler, you know?"

Though she needed to get off the phone soon before she started crying like one. Natsumi had been on plenty of airplanes in her life, but never without the rest of her family. This was going to be her first big grown up adventure, and she was already homesick. The Uber driver gave he a sympathetic look in the rearview mirror. He'd already gotten an earful from her family about getting her to the airport safely as they loaded her luggage into the trunk. At least in Austria the majority of the population wouldn't know that the Gingas were a bunch of crazies.

"Yes, yes, I know you have to pay to use the public toilets there..no I'm pretty sure that toilet paper is included in the price...I'm going to Vienna, not Siberia..."

The car slowed and Natsumi looked out the window. "I've got to go. I'm at the airport...yet, I'll call you the moment the plane lands, even if the others do think I'm the worlds biggest baby for having to check in every 15 minutes..I love you...Bye"

Damn she didn't even have time to cry. She'd hoped to do so in the relative privacy of the car, but now she'd been joining her group momentarily.

The driver got out and started pulling her luggage from the trunk.

"Oh, you don't need to do that..I can--thanks." she said with a sigh as her bags were stacked like a wheeled tower of hanoi.

She opened her German phrasebook to check out her boarding pass, tucked in there with her passport. Gate 4. She hoped Akane was there already.
^
Akane Mori
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 05:37 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

As Akane waited for the others to show up she could feel anxiety flowing over her and hitting in distinct waves. Each one would last about five minutes before she was able to calm herself down enough to look around and wonder just where everyone else was, starting the cycle over again. When Natsumi showed up Akane was in the middle of being subsumed by doubt and was once again becoming sure that she had somehow missed the flight.

At some point Akane had started pacing back and forth, eyes glued firmly to the ground, her teeth gnawing on the tip of her thumb. Looking up she saw Natsumi coming up to her. "Natsumi!" She cried running over to her and hugging her has tightly as she could, almost afraid that it wasn't really here. "Oh, I'm so happy you're here, I was thinking that I had somehow..." It occurred to Akane what she was doing. They had all agreed that once they met at the airport today it was going to be only German between them. Plus there was this whole gaudy display that just wasn't becoming of her.

Pulling back Akane forced a small cough into her hand, clearing her throat. With her composure restored but unable to wipe the bubbly smile off of her face she looked at Natsumi. "Tag, Natsumi. Bist du bereit für unseren Flug?" She spoke slowly, trying her best not to stumble too badly over her words. "Haben du sich an Ihren Pass und Ticket erinnert...?"Those words trailed off as Akane could feel her face going white as she realized that she wasn't sure where her were despite the traveler's pouch hanging from around her neck. She looked around practically dancing on the spot as she lifted her legs up and down, clearly ready to run where ever she needed to as she tried to figure out just what she would needed to do.

This post has been edited by Eiko Yukimaru: Mar 13 2017, 06:03 PM
^
An
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 03:24 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

After she checked her bags and made her way to the gate Natsumi saw Akane had already arrived. She was standing alone, so Natsumi assumed the other in the group and their chaperone hadn't arrived yet. Akane rushed over and Natsumi was glad she had her friend there with her at the start of this big journey.

Akane seemed similiarly releived since she gave her a big hug. "Natsumi! Oh, I'm so happy you're here, I was thinking that I had somehow..." then she remembered their pledge to speak only German. "Tag, Natsumi. Bist du bereit für unseren Flug? Haben du sich an Ihren Pass und Ticket erinnert...?

"Ah. Wie Geht's?" Natsumi said. "Ja. Ich bereite für unseren Flug. Und du?"

"Haben du sich an Ihren Pass und Ticket erinnert...? Akane asked then seemed to realize she'd lost track of her own her passport and boarding pass.

"Hast du deine Pass und Ticket..." Natsumi flipped through her book. "...verlegen?"

Natsumi hoped not, otherwise she'd feel pretty foolish practicing her German in the middle of a true crisis. Akane was jumping about looking around everywhere. If she didn't find her documents, they would have to switch back to Japanese.

Akane seemed pretty flustered, but maybe she was just panicking? "In hier?" Natsumi suggested, flipping the travel pouch up to Akane's line of vision Natsumi had one of her own, hidden under the waistband of her skirt, which currently held her passport, credit card, documents, and emergency funds in both yen and euros.

"Du soll dese tasche unter deine Kleider es..." She flipped through her book again. (Her vocubulary wasn't the best when it came to verbs.) "...verstecken." She admonished playfully, hoping she got that right and didn't inadventantly suggest Akane tuck her suitcase into her underpants or some other foolish thing.
^
Akane Mori
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 10:17 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

When Natsumi held up the pouch that was hanging around Anake's neck her face lit up as she grabbed it and opened it up to make sure that everything was there. Quickly she went through each item: Passport, check; boarding pass, check; emergency credit card, check; and finally Euros, check. She took a moment to double check the amount, five 20s, four 50s, and two 100s for 500 in total. It seemed to strange to have bills with such a small face value. When she'd initially gotten them she'd thought that the bank had made a mistake after all she'd given them nearly 70,000 yen! Damned exchange rates. "Ich soll?" Akane asked Natsumi when she was informed that she was supposed to be wearing her pouch under her clothes.

As they stood there talking other people for this flight were slowly starting to show up and take up the empty seats as they all waited for ticket holders to be called for boarding. Looking down Akane tried to figure out just where she could keep it under her clothes. She didn't have too much on a skirt with knee socks, one of her favourite tops and a light coat that was only good for keeping the sun off of her skin. After a moment of looking at herself figuring out just how she should have it under her clothes.

Suddenly Akane clutched her body as though she was trying to hide herself from Natsumi. “Ach Natsumi! Du kannst nicht bedeuten... Wenn du ein Junge wäre, könnte ich verstehen. Aber...” Akane looked away feigning embarisment at Natsumi's gaze. “Wir sind beide Mädchen.” As she went on it was becoming too much for her. If she kept this up much longer she was sure she would break down laughing. “Muss ich wirklich nur streifen, um meine Brieftasche wegzulegen?” Akane was looking around doing her best to look nervous as she did.

This post has been edited by Akane Mori: Mar 15 2017, 09:20 AM
^
An
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 02:40 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

Natsumi shook her head and rolled her eyes at Akane's theatrics, then thumbed through her book.

These sort of situations just weren't covered under common situations you might run into in German speaking countries in their introductory coursework. Though with Natsumi and Akane travelling together, they really, really should have been.

"Gott in Himmel, Akane! Willst du mich verhaften lassen?"

With the way Akane was carrying on, Natsumi was glad the rest of the group hadn't arrived yet to witness this. Though some of the parents with small children were pulling them closer and away from Natsumi.

She'd have to do some brushing up on the flight so she'd be prepared for their arrival in a country where people might not appreciate their sense of humor. She already knew how to say things like "I've never met this young lady before in all my life" but she'd make a point to looking up more advanced phrases, like "I'm not saying another word until you get me a lawyer who in fluent in Japanese."

"Du hebst nicht deinen Rock, Hofnarr."

Her mother had bought her the money belt and insisted she keep all of her money and important documents and wear it everywhere, even around the other students. She thought her mother was being a bit paranoid, but a promise was a promise. She wore a small backpack style purse, but it just had her phone in it, and about ten euros in cash for incidentals.

Natsumi reached into the waistband of her skirt and pulled up the travel pouch just far enough to reveal the zipper, which she unzipped and then withdrew a 20 euro note just for demonstration purposes. Then she put the money back into the money belt, closed the zipper and pulled the entire money belt out and unsnapped the clasp.

"Auf diese Weise."

She fastened the elestic band around her waist, drawing the thick elestic cord taut against her belly, then flattened the pouch against her skin, and pushed it down into the waist of her skirt just far enough until it was no longer visible.

"Wenn jemand dort sucht, haben wir größere Probleme," she said with a wink.

^
Akane Mori
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 03:47 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

When Natsumi accused Akane of trying to get her arrested all that Akane could respond with was a small smile with the tip of her tongue sticking out. When Natsumi continued on Akane had to reply with an indignant "Hofnarr?" She thought for a moment before snatching the book out of Natsumi's hand to check just what that word even meant. "Hafnarr?!" She repeated once more as she finally found the word. "Ich bin kein Hofnarr. Wie kannst du das sagen, wenn ich so eindeutig ein Täuschen" Akane protested with a smile on her lips.

Feeling a something brush against the small of her back Akane jumped to see who it was, when she looked it was some towering woman who seemed to have not even noticed the girl and was just continuing on her way. She breathed a sigh of relief as she turned back to Natsumi, who was showing her how she tucked away her pouch.

Nodding along she thought about what Natsumi said about it being a problem. "Bist du sicher?” Akane asked before adding to it. “Ich meine, er könnte wirklich süß sein!” Finishing it off with a laugh and a wink.

The place was starting to get crowded now as ever more people showed up. She glanced down at her small watch and back to Natsumi. “Wie lange bis das Einsteigen beginnt?” Akane asked, honestly not being sure, only having ever take more terrestrial forms of travel before, with maybe a dozen faeries added in for good measure. “Denkst du, die anderen sind schon hier? Ich sehe sie nirgendwo...” She wondered where they could be, would the two of them have to go it alone and figure out how to get from the airport to their dorms. What if they got on the wrong bus, they could end up in German, or Italy, or France, or Namibia!
^
An
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 01:18 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

"Bist du sicher?" Akane asked. “Ich meine, er könnte wirklich süß sein!”

"Ha," Natsumi said with a smile. "Wenn ich einen Freund so finde, ist es gut, meine Brüder sind ein paar tausend Kilometer entfernt!"

Freund was a loaded word in German, it could mean anything from a friend, to a serious boyfriend, to an occasional booty-call. The meaning of that word, and therefore the nature of the relationship in question, was often impossible to guess, even from the context, but from what Natsumi understood, German speakers didn't think much of the ambiguity.

"Kannst Du Dir vorstellen?"

Even though Natsumi was the youngest by only a matter of minutes, she was still very much the baby of the family. Probably because she'd been born so sickly...

Natsumi's eyes went wide and she pulled off her backpack and looked inside. She knew she only had a little bit of money and her phone in there, but she had to look anyway.

"Scheissssse," she said with a sick little laugh between gritted teeth. "Ich habe vergessen, meinen Inhalator zu bringen. Meine Mutti wird mich umbringen."

It wasn't that big of a deal. Her asthma wasn't so bad, especially indoors, and she had a few spare inhalers in her check luggage. But if her mother went through her purses and guessed that Natsumi forgot to bring one in her carry-on, Natsumi would probably be able hear her screaming all the way in Europe.

Natsumi shrugged and put her backpack back on becaue it wasn't that big of a deal. Akane wonder where the others were and whether they'd have to find the dorms by themselves. Natsumi doubted it. It seemed unlikely they'd turn a pair of middleschool girls loose on the streets of a foreign continent.

"Sie müssen bald hier ankommen."

^
Akane Mori
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 11:13 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

As Natsumi mentioned just how far her brothers were going to be from her Akane couldn't help but smile. “Armen du, die Wölfe in Österreich wissen nicht, die Leckerei, die sie bekommen werden!” Akane thought for a moment before adding. “Wir können nicht nur doppelte Termine machen! Ich werde nicht immer da sein, um dich zu beschützen!” Completely ignoring just how the two of them had met in the first place and exactly who was protecting whom.

When Natsumi started to freak out Akane couldn't help but take a step back in surprise as she looked around worried as Natsumi explained about her forgotten inhaler. “Uh, vielleicht gibt es eine Apotheke irgendwo hier können wir es ersetzen?” Akane offered, as she looked around at the small selection of shops not too far from where their gate was when a voice came over the intercom. “Japan Air gate number four is now boarding first class and business class passengers for Vienna.” With the announcement and a number of people making their way to the staff manning the gate. “Wirst du in fliegen gehen?” Akane asked Natsumi wondering if they would have to get a different flight, and just where the hell were the others?! She asked herself again and again, one of them would surely know better than her what to do.

Shooting a glance across to the people at the gates Akane wondered about telling them about Natsumi's current problem, but quickly brushed that off, realizing just how bad of an idea that was. All that telling them would do was get Natsumi and maybe her kicked off the flight.

The crowd was thining surprisingly quickly as people queued up and started boarding the plane. It didn't seem like it would be all that long before they were the only two left by the gate at this rate. “Gut?” Was all that Akane could think of to ask Natsumi at this point.
^
An
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 11:03 AM
""
N/A
is N/A.

Natsumi smiled. Her German wasn't quite as good as Akane's, who had been planning a trip to Vienna possibly since her conception, but the meaning was clear enough for her to fill in the blanks of the few words she didn't know.

"Mit dir dort werden die Wölfe mich nicht sehen!"

When Akane voiced concern about her inhaler, Natsumi shrugged. "Ich brauche es nicht." Which was true as long as she didn't have to do any running. "Ich werde es aus meiner Tasche..." she flipped through her book. "...retten...In
Österreich."

"Ya. Wir gehen." Natsumi said, checking her boarding pass to make sure they had the correct flight number and gate. "Wo sind die anderen?" she muttered, half to herself.

It would make more sense that the two of them were in the wrong place than whole rest of the group combined, including the chaperones, but the numbers on the ticket couldn't be wrong. She checked the date. That was right too. But where were the others? Were they stuck in traffic? Had something happened? Did Akane and Natsumi gotten bumped to a different flight?

Natsumi was tempted to call home, but her mother had been looking for any sign, no matter how subtle, to keep her only daughter from leaving the nest for a year, so if knew if she called she'd only be ordered to return home immediately, and forfeit the money she'd spent on the trip. There was no way that was happening.

She didn't know how Akane's family would feel about this, but she guessed she probably had similar anxieties about letting their young daughter travel to a foreign country.

Natsumi just had to hope this all got sorted out before they got to Europe.
^
Akane Mori
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 07:03 PM
""
N/A
is N/A.

Opening her mouth to say something Akane was cut off before any words could come out. With a sharp tug on her arm she gave out a small yelp her throat clamping shut before she could say much more. She struggled before catching a glance of her assailant's face.

Wither her body relaxing Akane could feel the relief flowing over her. The 'attacker' had been one of the other girls in their group. She was tall, taller than any girl Akane knew as well as most boys. Her hair was auburn that went well past her waste. She had a stern look on her face that if Akane had known her a bit better she'd have realized that was just her neutral expression.

"Wo sind Sie schon einmal?" She asked looking at An, already dragging Akane away, simply expecting the girl to follow. "Ach nein! Die schöne und reizend Prinzessin wird entführt! Was Held wird kommen, um sie zu retten!" Akane added waving her arms at An, before being taken around some hidden corner that had a small lounge and church in it where the rest of their group had been waiting, seemingly the entire them they'd been there.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES