Welcome Guest, please Log In or Register
Logged in as Guest
INBOX () / Alerts () / MY CONTROLS / LOG OUT /

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic

 Clock at Midnight, LEFT PATH.
Sylvan
 Posted: May 19 2017, 04:55 PM
Quote
Sylvan
Makaiju
""
10
posts
N/A years old
N/A
N/A
Narrator
is Offline.


Absorbed in total free fall
It's a waste of time

There was something about the single family home, punctuated by the crisp whiteness of a waxing gibbous, that was invitingly terrifying. One may feel emboldened by the umbrage, energized by nacreous was of moonlight. The air is chilled and taste every bit of January, despite the never ending spring.

Appreciate these brief yet intense moments of quietude - this is the precipe of the unknown, the only moment of solace before entering and the door slamming shut. Locked. Appreciate the rich darkness of the night, artistic glow of the moon through pollen-caked windows. For a moment, ethereal light glints off pieces of furniture and effects that make this place seem comforting. A plush couch. A mirror which hangs above a fireplace. Pictures of one’s family which - upon closer inspection, the face have been scratched out.

Something else catches the light like a prized jewel. Something in the reflection. And, true to mirror’s edge, the figure sees itself and begins to flee to an upstairs bedroom. The door is latched shut, but not impenetrable.


LEFT PATH:

This was once someone’s home. Judging from how nice it is, it must’ve belonged to the head of the camp or a political figure. Someone else is here...Do you follow?

No surprises the first round, just get in that door!

PMEmail
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: May 20 2017, 01:17 AM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Fumiko had opted to be among the party looking into the sudden silence of Haneda, the next step in Amaya Corp's gas masks, this one specifically being another prototype, nestled over her face. It was surprisingly comfortable for the girl, even if it was a bit heavier than the previous one she had sported. She'd have to pass that onto the development division, lighten the mask if possible. She glanced around at the rest of the little patrol that had been gathered, nodding to each of them as she glanced around, catching sight of the two different figures and what they entailed.

Her eyes focused on the bloodied door, her eyes glancing back towards the more ghostly looking place that she assumed was an infirmary. The bloodied doorway said that there was possibility of someone there, so that's where she was going. It also screamed danger, something she knew not many people could handle as well as she, even if she didn't completely know how she had pulled off what she did in the maze. Even without those odd abilities, she'd be able to fight decently well, she felt she'd proven that at least once.

"I'm checking out the house, join me if you want," she called out casually to the rest. She stepped forward, pushing into the house and ignoring the door as she heard it slam shut. She was small, but not weak. She tugged on her leather gloves, adjusting her leather coat as she glanced around in the dim light, waiting for her eyesight to adjust before her head flashed to the movement, her hand shooting out only for her to see it flash upstairs, a door slamming shut.

"Why are you hiding? We aren't here to hurt you!"

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mexmhcx7UW1r52dl9.gif


This post has been edited by Fumiko Amaya: May 24 2017, 01:40 AM
PM
^
Makoto Kino
 Posted: May 23 2017, 08:17 PM
Quote
Makoto Kino
Inner Senshi
""
33
posts
15 years old
Vigilante
Electricity & Plants
Sunny
is Offline.


all systems go
shield your soul

Makoto wanted to mind her own business. She really did. Some days she wished she were the sort of person who could see something awful and terrifying and have the good sense to run in the opposite direction. Self-preservation instincts were a useful thing to have.

Unfortunately, she had never been that person. For as far back as she could remember, she'd been strong, and she still heard her father's voice telling her—Makoto, you're stronger than most other kids. You have to use that strength only for good. The gods gave you this gift to protect people. This was years before she learned of her destiny as Sailor Jupiter, and it had resulted in her always being the one to head toward trouble instead of away from it.

Normally, Makoto did not pay much attention to the houses of the still-wealthy. They could afford to take care of themselves. But when she passed by the Haneda house on her way to patrol, she paused in the shadows of a tree, waiting to see what the group would do. Most of them moved on, but when she saw one girl peel away from the volunteers and head for the door, she frowned. That didn't look good. That didn't look good at all. What was that kid doing?

Waiting for the group to move on, she stepped out and crossed the road to head for the house. As she got closer, she noticed the door—and the blood surrounding it. Worse, however, was the sense of danger emanating out from the house: she didn't need the Rose Belt to tell her that something was wrong.

Grateful that she was already transformed, she quieted her step and headed in. She kept one ear out for the girl she'd seen enter and followed the sounds of her footsteps, but most of her attention took in the house itself as she quietly crept in and looked around. "Hey," she called out in a loud whisper as she approached Fumiko, still looking around. "Kid, it's not safe. You shouldn't be in here."

coded by ♥sunny

PM
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: May 24 2017, 01:39 AM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


The rich brat let out a sigh and straightened up as no answer came from the direction of the stairs, a shake of her head being the only sign of her slight annoyance at the situation. Either they were scared that they would hurt them, or something else had been spooked. She hoped for the safety of everyone else outside that the former was what happened. After all, she didn't really want plant creatures attacking like that first spider thing she had encountered in the maze, especially when she didn't know how well anyone outside could defend themselves.

She glanced quickly back at the sound of footsteps behind her and a slight feeling of worry, her violet eyes glancing at the girl just as she walked up. She raised an eyebrow casually as she drew her gaze up towards the taller girl who had just told her she shouldn't be in there. She shrugged lightly, glancing back towards the stairs and starting to walk before speaking up. "I can not ignore when someone is in need of help," she stated as she approached the staircase, looking up it curiously before glancing back around the room, seeing if there was anything there to possibly break down a door.

"Even if they are hostile it is not like I am defenseless, mama made sure of that. Plus, looking at you," she started, her eyes focusing back on the other girl. "You can not be much older, if even that." She waived her hand dismissively before taking the first few steps up towards the door. "I do not feel anyone around so... I'm going to try to get in that room and see why they fled."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mexmhcx7UW1r52dl9.gif
PM
^
Sylvan
 Posted: May 27 2017, 12:17 AM
Quote
Sylvan
Makaiju
""
10
posts
N/A years old
N/A
N/A
Narrator
is Offline.


And then then, the guilt consumes you
You have to come back to resolve these issues...

Poison stirs in the subterranean abyss, behind closed doors. It thrives among worms and weeds, it writhes. It is an ancient, undiscovered energy. Kinesian. It watches the world approach with night terrors.

But where has everyone gone?

The path diverts, once more. Behind the door, reality strikes with terrifying surety. Bodies gather in corners like dust, pollen. Stiff hands clawing heavenwards are frozen in place, like a cicada's discarded skin. A dozen or maybe more? Their mouths hang open, slack, wrought with screams.

But there is more to be discovered, should one wonder. In moments to come, some will choose not to follow the obvious path. Why open a door forced shut when historia reveals itself along the corridors of an abandoned home.

Further along, a child watches on with horror as terror draws its ragged claws against the last living soul... Has he been hiding there since the last days of Haneda? Terror, in the form of thick and creeping ivy, picks its prey - slithering down the throat of the boy's parent. Into their bowels. Their stomachs churn. A beast CHANGED. These people need heroes.

Two paths. A sole decision. How does the story unfold?


CROSSROADS!

The path parts once more.

Open the door, to discover the fate of the camps residences.

Continue to the next room, to save the sole survivor and, unfortunately, a ghastly encounter. .

PLOT TWIST! Only one path can be selected. So discuss with your team (or take the lead yourself!), but once one path is taken, the other cannot be revisited.


PMEmail
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 09:44 PM
Quote
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
57
posts
19 years old
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Offline.


n/a

Camp Haneda is one of the most populated resettlement camps. As such, when communication from people from the camp seems to stop altogether people begin to worry. It does not happen immediately. After all, the location of the camp makes it understandable why others might not hear anything for a short amount of time. However, as three days pass by genuine worry begins to settle in and Ayame is among those. She has no place to. To her knowledge, her parents are situated in a different camp. As such, it is unlikely that anything has happened to them. She has no obligation to worry. However, her heart has always been a bit too big and she cannot help but worry for those who were within the camp.

This is not the only reason that she worries.

Her mind seems to scream with the thought that something is wrong. However, the thought is too confident to be her own and it feels so different and foreign that she is almost convinced that it is not her own. In fact, it feels quite similar to how her mind was when she began to remember who Tourmaline was, who she was. It is not as loud, but it is there and not nearly as quite as usual. As foolish as it probably is, she decides to act upon it for it does not foolish to do so. She knows something is wrong and she cannot stand by.

The area makes her feel as uncomfortable as usual for there is nothing right with it. It is not spring, but everything is in bloom. It is wrong and she feels a foreign pain because of it. She wants it gone just as, though she is unknowing, the planet does.

As she delves deeper, she is stuck with a decision of which way to go. However, it is a house that catches her attention instead of the infirmary. The door is open and it seems to wait like an invitation. There is something wrong and so she goes to the left, heading for the strange house.

The inside is worse than the outside. Ayame feels like she is in a house straight from a nightmare. It looks as if there was a fight or a struggle. The idea that this house touched by the flora might have been home to that disturbs her. Nervously, she tugs at her mask, not wishing to be without it.

It is only as she delves in deeper that she realizes that she is not alone. There are two girls who appear to be younger than herself talking- or perhaps arguing-- and she quietly approaches, only catching the last bit of the conversation. A terrible feeling settles its way in her stomach and she knows they need to leave quickly, not stand around idly."Wouldn't it be better to see if there are any survivors?"

While it was important to know what had happened here, it was far more important to find survivors and she was fine with going alone.

Between happiness and sadness
PM
^
Makoto Kino
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 03:59 PM
Quote
Makoto Kino
Inner Senshi
""
33
posts
15 years old
Vigilante
Electricity & Plants
Sunny
is Offline.


all systems go
shield your soul

Makoto's eyebrows arched at Fumiko's response, and then continued to arch higher as she kept going. "Yeah, well, I'm not sure any of our mamas foresaw an alient plant takeover," she pointed out, half-joking to lighten the creepy vibe in the house but half-serious. There... really wasn't much the average civilian could do to fight against these threats, so all she could do was hope against hope that this school kid had a few tricks up her sleeve a la the sailor senshi. Her complete indifference to Jupiter's uniform lent some weight to that hope, unless she'd just encountered a senshi before.

Before she could continue, a strange feeling came over her. Her rose belt hummed softly in warning, and she darted forward to grab Fumiko's arm and keep her progressing toward the door. "Wait," she snapped, concentrating. "There's something..."

A new voice and presence joined them before she could continue. Makoto let go of Fumiko to turn and face Ayame. While it concerned here that civilians kept entering dangerous areas like this, she was at least relieved that it was not another child in a gas mask. And yes, she recognized that it was hypocritical to think of Fumiko as a child when she was only 15 herself, but being the reincarnated soldier of a martial planet had to count for something, right? She just felt so responsible. If something happened to Fumiko on her watch, it would be her fault. "There's something down up the hall... I can't tell what, but something's wrong. I think we should go check it out," she replied. "Whatever's in here took out a lot of people. It might be safest to stick together and watch each other's backs."

coded by ♥sunny

PM
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 11:44 PM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Fumiko rolled her eyes at the jest, turning back towards the doors ahead of them. Her eyes snapped forward, going to step forward before the girl in the weird sailor outfit caught her arm and proclaimed it was dangerous. Of course it was dangerous, the area was possibly the sight of a mass killing of some sort, one she would rather not see in general but knew was unavoidable at this point. The camp was quiet, too quiet. The girl was lucky though, had Fumiko not known she was there and had sensed a bit of threat in the grab she would have retaliated in kind out of sheer reflex.

Her eyes glanced over at the approach of another girl, her head tilting a bit at her. Something was bothering her, not that she could blame her in the situation at hand. Fumiko silently took note of the fact she felt more from everyone she met now, probably a side effect of the whole powers and fractured memories thing. She tilted her head a bit, relieved when the taller girl let go of her arm to address the newly approaching girl.

At that moment she felt it, fear. The masked girl suddenly snapped around, "I sense strong fear," she spoke curtly and a bit louder than intended, quickly taking off down the hall as quickly as she could. The girl slid to a stop at the door, catching herself on the frame just in time to see the vine finish entering the body, her eyes widening at the sight. She shook off the shock, her eyes locking onto where she had felt the fear flowing from, jumping forward quickly, placing herself between the child and the beast, her eyes focused on it. She had no idea what it was but the child needed to be saved, and that was her goal for the night. Save as many souls as she could.

Now if only she could remember how she had made those weapons in the maze.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mexmhcx7UW1r52dl9.gif
PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 03:38 AM
Quote
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
57
posts
19 years old
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Offline.


n/a

As if she is within a dream, Ayame blinks at the two before her. It is hard to think clearly for her thoughts are not her own. They are a mixture of what she thinks and the voice of nature itself. However, she does not realize what the latter is. It is too quiet, almost like a whisper. In her ignorance, she considers it to be one of her own thoughts despite how illogical the idea is.

One of the girls- a tall brunette in a sailor uniform that she might have thought ridiculous a short time ago- appears to be quite tense. There is a sense of responsibility about her, like that of a leader, and it shows in her words. The blonde is quite different. She does not know what the two were talking about before, but Ayame can at least tell that she is confident.

The brunette seems to echo her own words, but before anyone can decide how they should go about this the blonde plows on ahead. She frowns slightly. "Wait!" she calls before chasing after her, stopping only once they are at the door.The words of the other two become quite clear. A child is still alive, alone with a beast. There is no other word for it for the scene before her is one of terror, nature turned against man. This is wrong and she understands why her mind seems to cry out for this is not the order of things.

She is too late to stop the blonde who has already placed herself between child and beast. Scowling, he immediately runs in, though she finds herself lost as to what to do. She is not a fighter, but a healer. However, she refuses to leave either individual alone.

Between happiness and sadness
PM
^
Sylvan
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 05:41 PM
Quote
Sylvan
Makaiju
""
10
posts
N/A years old
N/A
N/A
Narrator
is Offline.


Ivy snakes up the columns in an unrelenting embrace. The sun through majestic windows beats on three heads of ravenous hair, neatly trimmed, of course. A family with revenue. Substance. This was Camp Haneda, mind you - not the likes of overstuffed apartments, were persons were synonymous with sardines. Squeezed in right. No, these were the honey dipped and ichor born.

A week ago, this room was festooned with roses of pink or lily white - good china, glistening like diamond blood, was set out for supper. Everything was beautiful here. Everything still is, in macabre degree - the shattered glasses, the shattered bones. The rotting corpses under silk sheets, as though wealth alone could hope to hide the stench. There are dark red stains on the carpet, wine-colored blotches on hardwood floors. A week ago, a family of four roamed. They smell like soured fruit now, a delicacy for the damned.

Look around and realize, you are the prop
Put here in this world solely to admire...

Earthy beings have an unearthly appetite, and mortals who spit magic are a revered delicacy. In the upstairs bedroom, the room on the left, is a boy muted by fear and weakened by circumstance. The vinery sneaks and snakes along the carpet, sweetly beautiful - save for the tangled and misshapen, bloated bodies. Swelled up in invidious mauve - they’re ripe like swollen fruits, treats for the beast that steadily streams down their esophagus.

The door creaks open no matter how gently it is pushed. The single sliver of light is enough to illicit an ear-piercing screech from the beast. Light refracts in six sets of eyes - two sets of those long since departed, and a campanula.

Do not let the humanoid appearance fool you, do not let the lovely gust of perfume wafting from opened mouth sweep you away. These creatures are bred from the kinesian seed. Salt in their veins, poison in their blood. They will make a feast of your ribs and it will be lovely. Then the boy. Then the next camping settlement. Then? The world.


STAND YOUR GROUND!

Inside, you encounter three beasts and a lone survivor. They will attack.

DICE CODE:

Please post one of the codes at the end of each post. DO NOT EDIT POSTS AFTERWARDS, IT WILL INVALIDATE THE ROLL. The dice will randomly come up with a number. (Please note, this code is randomized! The system decides the outcome, just like rolling a die.)
GENERAL CODE
CODE
[dohtml][roll]1d3[/roll][/dohtml]

ROLL RESULTS:

ONE.: Attack hits with recoil (civilian is injured).
TWO.: Attack misses. You are injured.
THREE.: Instant kill (one youma).
BONUS: : if the sum of all rolls is equal to 9, all enemies are defeated and power up will be awarded.
PMEmail
^
Cosmos Guardian
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 04:05 PM
Quote
""
612
posts
∞ years old
Admin
Lambda Power
Emily
is Offline.


MISSIONS

This mission has been inactive for over 7 days. To continue, please post accordingly! Otherwise, the mission will be considered a 'fail' and no awards granted.
PMEmailWebsite
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 10:58 PM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Fumiko's eys glanced between each of the attackers, her stance shifting into a defensive, well trained martial stance. Things were going downhill fast, and she didn't like it, especially the screech that had escaped the odd creatures before her. Her eyes narrowed as she watched their movements, shifting to keep all three in her line of sight as much as she could. It was going to be a fight and she couldn't for the life of her remember how to do what she did in the maze. That was an issue for her, and an issue for those around, especially those who didn't have the ability to defend themselves the way she could.

She recoiled at first when one of the creatures lunged, reflexively swinging her hands forward, praying silently to the heavens that the staff she was currently concentrating on would appear. something good would happen. Her eyes lit up instantly in surprise, a staff forming as it arced through the air at the creature. Aha! I can still do it!" Dice Roll: 1d3: 1 = 1

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mexmhcx7UW1r52dl9.gif
PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 12:12 AM
Quote
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
57
posts
19 years old
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Offline.


n/a

Ayame had joked about the situation with the flora in the past. It had seemed harmless especially since there seemed to be so few things to laugh about now. The idea that people could actually be attacked had just been something that she had fabricated within a moment and forgotten just as quickly. However, the sight of the three creatures within the room makes it quite clear that the wrongness that she constantly feels goes beyond a foreign flower. The thoughts that she ignores- odd and peculiar, ones that do not seem to always match up with her own- seem to make a bit more sense. Within this moment she recognizes that it was a warning. The flora are not just wrong, but likely incredibly dangerous.

The sight of the three creatures are all the proof that Ayame needs for these thoughts. They are humanoid, but not human or Gaian. In fact, they are nothing she can recall. Their very presence is suspicious, or perhaps an answer. After all, the boy is afraid and she doubts that he would be afraid for no reason.

What do I do?

She has not fought before, not as Tourmaline and certainly not as Ayame. However, Ayame decides that there is not much time to think, particularly when the blonde made to strike. She concentrates upon old memories, trying to recall old magic that she has only used a few times before.

"Vine Whip!" The Earth moves and vines curl around Ayame. Quickly, they attack in whip-like gestures towards one of the creatures.


ROLL: Dice Roll: 1d3: 2 = 2

Between happiness and sadness
PM
^
Makoto Kino
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 02:23 PM
Quote
Makoto Kino
Inner Senshi
""
33
posts
15 years old
Vigilante
Electricity & Plants
Sunny
is Offline.


all systems go
shield your soul

Shit!

For a second, Makoto was paralyzed. She couldn't just blast electricity into the room without risking hitting the boy. At this point, she also risked hitting Fumiko. As irritated as she was with the stuck up, headstrong girl rushing foolishly into danger, she still didn't want her to get hurt.

The decision was made for her when Fumiko raised her hands and summoned a magical staff to them. She looked surprised, but also like she'd expected it. That didn't stop Makoto from worrying—she worried about her friends, and they'd fought together before—but at least she could redirect her focus on the monsters and child, especially when Ayame summoned up her own powers as well.

"Plant attacks don't work well against them," she snapped at Tourmaline before raising her own hands and summong crackling lightning to her palms. "Get the boy out of the way!" Not wanting to use a more area of attack blast, she picked the nearest target to her. "Jupiter! Thunderbolt!" she called as electricity wound around her and blasted out toward the Campanula.


Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3

coded by ♥sunny

PM
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Her attack bounced off the creature, though it hit the bounce back caught the girl off guard, a shark whack hitting the child behind her. The girl winced at the sound, shaking her head a moment later. She needed to move the child, but with the fast moving enemy and the now arcs of electricity and move vines moving about, things were going to be a bit messy as far as moving the kid was concerned. She shifted her stance, moving the staff into a more defensive stance before looking back towards the other two.

She glanced over at the girl who had shot the electricity, raising an eyebrow as she shouted something about Jupiter. She herself had heard whisperings of the planets with her fractured memories, things she still didn't understand but slowly felt like were coming to her. She was still unsure of if they were even her own memories. Were they something from a distant past or something she just didn't understand in the first place? Things were odd, but she could tell that the creatures had taken quite a hit from the three, even if her own attack had rebounded into the child. She held the staff in a more secure, two handed way before the creature lunged again, the girl quickly lashing out at it. Hopefully this time she could control the rebound better, a blade flashing on the end of the staff just as the strike happened, disappearing just as fast.

"Getting the kid out of here is easier said than done!" she called over towards the girl who had shouted about Jupiter electricity or something like that.

Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Topic


 


 


AFFILIATES