Welcome Guest, please Log In or Register
Logged in as Guest
INBOX () / Alerts () / MY CONTROLS / LOG OUT /

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 Wildland [E], event. invitation.
Virility
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 09:54 PM
Quote
Virility
Makaiju
""
3
posts
N/A years old
N/A
N/A
Narrator
is Offline.


wildland

No one had been prepared for this. Why would they have been? They were too busy with zombie outbreaks and plagues. Who would’ve thought the apocalypse would come in a springtime breeze? Nonetheless,humanity was paying the price. People were starving, withering away in the presence of their blooming destructors.

There have been rumors buzzing about the congested camping districts. They say there’s a maze, sitting just on the border of the poisoned lands. Now...why would there be such a maze without something to protect? People have theorized there’s a cache of goods within its center, invaluable resources like rations and medical supplies. Few souls, whether brave or simply desperate, have journeyed to the maze, but as of yet, none have ever returned. Maybe they found themselves lost and succumbed to the poison’s effects or perhaps it was something else...

What was this place before? A residential block? A stripmall? It seems like no one can quite remember. The only mementos of that time being a few cement blocks and shattered glass. Seemingly endless amounts of brambles and thorns make up towering walls, standing at least 4 stories high. In a way, it resembled a twisted distortion of a children’s hedge maze. But, upon closer inspection, anyone could see the nightmarish truth. The plants sprawled like webs awaiting its prey, perfuming the air with their heavy aroma that masked the faintest scent of decay. And If one is quiet, sometimes you can hear the screaming. Is it an animal? Or maybe those fools who dared enter this cursed place, desperately hoping for someone...anyone to save them.

Maybe someone else would be lucky this time and claim the bounty awaiting them. For now, they find themselves at a crossroads, just within the maze's entrance. To the left, thin, brambly, winding path almost unnoticeable to a careless eyes, to the right a clear, straight path. What awaits down both?

event thread. details can be found HERE. remember, events may dramatically influence the outcome of the story. have fun! ♥ thnx kayla!



This post has been edited by Virility: Mar 31 2017, 10:10 PM
PMEmail
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 01:17 PM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


This was dangerous, reckless, and downright dumb in most people's eyes. Fumiko's? It was an opportunity to make a difference, even if she wasn't exactly the strongest out there. Martial arts was all she had going for her as she entered the area, a gas mask sitting snugly over her mouth. If she was caught she was most likely going to be ejected from Mugen, or thrown into some kind of test chamber. At least if the former happened she'd not have to be at a camp, her parents wouldn't allow it even if she was at risk from the pollen. The gas mask was the only thing between her and the stuff right now after all. She brought up her arms, pulling back her sleeves to adjust the sports tape wrapping her arms and wrists, pulling it tighter before testing the feel with a few shadow jabs.

At least she had martial arts on her side in the situation.

Once she reached the crossroads she glanced around, her eyes focusing on everything around her. There was a very clearly defined path, but she could hear the shouting from deeper within. If this truly was a maze there had to be something people were overlooking at the entrance, her eyes darting around before settling on a single path that looked completely ignored. She couldn't blame people, it barely even looked like a path but that just meant no one had even tried it. She took a few wary steps in it's direction, glancing around after a moment. "Well girl, you've come this far. Question is, do you wait and see if anyone else shows up or move on by yourself," she spoke to herself aloud, shaking her head a bit. Waiting was risky but at the same time staying in one spot was just as risky. She glanced back at what she thought was footsteps, her eyes focusing through the dim light. Maybe she didn't have to wait long after all.
Guess I'll start this off :3


This post has been edited by Fumiko Amaya: Apr 4 2017, 09:35 PM
PM
^
Ail
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


No one had seen or heard from ‘Seijuro Ginga’ in six months. Most assumed he was either dead or missing, and by missing, they presumed he was trapped and delusional in the Poisoned Land. If Seijuro were truly human, it’d break his heart to know that his community was too gripped with fear to save him.

Thankfully, Ail was not. He was on the winning side of the situation and so he shed Seijuro like a snake discarding its skin. Maybe his sister could go on pretending to be human. Not him. Seijuro was always a means to an end. Why should he hide his natural viridian skin and unearthly blue hair when they were victorious? But An was entitled to play time with the humans. Heck, even Ail couldn’t resist them. As far as he was concerned, Japan was their new playground. And what does one do on a playground?

Okay, so he wasn’t actually playing -- he was lounging on the rooftop of an abandon school or grocery store or something irrelevant. The weather was a touch warmer than spring but enjoyable nonetheless. Ail stretched his arms and relished the weather. Perfect. This deep into the wilderness, he thought he’d be alone. No sooner had he begun to doze off, his elfish ears flinched at the sound of someone nearby. Really... this far from the camps? Ail yawned and teleported down to ground level, behind the remnants of a wall, to get a better look.

Ail recognized that face. Her face and style were unmistakable - how could he forget? His sister had plastered photographs of her human friends all around their flat. But he didn’t remember her name. Was it Yuki? Furikake? Whatever it was, why was she so far from the safety zones? Ail wasn’t going to harm someone his sister cared for, but he couldn’t speak on behalf of the others. Kinesian was relentless.

He stifled a groan and continued to watch the girl from hiding. Being careful, he slipped into his Seijuro persona, just in case. Whichever path she entered, he quietly followed...

notes ;


This post has been edited by Ail: Apr 5 2017, 10:00 AM
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 10:28 PM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Fumiko sighed as she spotted no one behind her, things were not going to be easy were they? They never really were in all reality, even if she was one of the privileged few. Then again her competitive nature made that more apparent, after all she had taken the time to test into Mugen even though her parents could have easily paid for it. She placed her hands behind her head, zipping up her leather jacket after a moment.

She settled her eyes back on the path at hand, noting how untraveled it was. Every maze had it's secrets except for corn mazes. Corn mazes were just simple because they could be. Then again she could be overthinking things and maybe something nasty was on the other side. She took a few steps back from the path, glancing back over at the well worn path. 'No, no second guessing yourself. You always end up in more trouble by second guessing yourself.' She let out a sigh, moving her form back towards the She started walking towards the path, wincing a little as her boots started crunching on the bramble. This was not going to be a quiet walk at all.
N/A
PM
^
Kunzite
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


Meanwhile....

A towering figure with dusky skin and crystal blue eyes stood at the entrance of the maze.

He'd been searching the local tavern, listening for any rumors of his fellow Shitennou--if they had been sighted, where they might be staying, if anyone but he might be looking for them-- but nothing reached his ears. People were more interested in discussing this glorified hedge maze that appeared out of nowhere. The usual urban folktales about glittering treasure and things that go bump in the night. Everyone knew someone, who knew someone, who went in, and did not come back out. Then again, most people did not have the Shitennou's gifts, most notably the power of teleportation.

Kunzite did not know if the labyrinth would lead him closer to the other kings. All he knew was that such an abomination should not stand unchallenged. Rumor had it there was a cache of essential supplies deep in the heart of the maze. Was there any truth to these rumors, or was this merely an excuse men made to justify their own follies?

What will I find in here, he wondered. Supplies? The corpses of the ill-prepared? The off-world equivalent of a bandit camp? Likely, all of these things and more.

With a machete in each hand, he drew upon the power of the planet Earth. He paid no heed whatsoever to the brambly little trail to the left, and instead looked straight down the well-worn trail to the right.

That was his path. Without hesitation he entered the maze, a spherical shield of impenetrable magnetic energy around him. He wasn't about to go skulking about like a commoner, looking to avoid trouble. As far as he was concerned, trouble had only just arrived.

This post has been edited by Kunzite: Apr 11 2017, 04:04 PM
^
Ail
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 12:16 PM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


He understood that the humans had the right to fight for their survival, he could relate to that. But he couldn’t feel apologetic. Not one bit. As far as he saw it, learning to survive was apart of life. Either you make it or you die.

All but three of his kind died.

Seijuro moved as quietly as he could, using instant transmission to flit from tree to tree or find other means to obscure himself from Fumiko. The less footfalls to hear, the better - but teleporting was draining and by the looks of it, he was following her deeper into the thicket. “Damnit, why must women insist on getting themselves into trouble?” he groaned to himself, careful to keep his voice low.

Furikake - or whatever her name was, pressed on to the left, leaves and branches crunching underfoot. She was attracted a lot of attention to herself and being this far into the pollinated lands, who knew just what might show up? Ail wasn’t worried about Kinesian - the flower youma wouldn’t bother one of their own - but the same couldn’t be said for the humans. Between the military and the gang of magical girls, he had to be alert.

- Why do your friends insist on playing with fire? - he sent through the telepathic link to his sister. Maybe she could, what, talk sense into them? No way. Next thing he knew, they’d be taking a girl’s trip to the poisoned lands just for the hell of it.

As the path diverged, another set of footsteps caught his attention. Ail teleported to the tallest tree in the vicinity, pressing his back against the trunk to hide as he took a careful look at the second human. A man of large build, with silver-white hair and a short sword. And glowing? Tuscan-blue eyes narrowed on the figure, gleaming what he could from sight alone. He looked oddly confident for a man who was throwing himself headfirst into a precarious situation. One of the soldiers? No, his uniform was completely different from anything the Makai had ever seen before.

His energy levels were at peak.

- Well, well, well. - he sung to himself, watching the unusual man as he steeled forward on the right path. Looking between him and Fuji (Fajita?), he thought it best to follow the girl to assure her safety - but part of him feared a misinterpretation of his courtliness and he didn’t want to incur An’s wraith. The way the swarthy stranger glimmered, well, there was no telling what kind of energy he had. But it was quality. Waiting until there was distance enough between them, Ail swooped down from the tree and carefully traced the soldier’s footsteps to the right...

notes ; when he teleports, he's in his alien form. but walking, he's seijuro.
^
Virility
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 01:03 AM
Quote
Virility
Makaiju
""
3
posts
N/A years old
N/A
N/A
Narrator
is Offline.


wildland

three people entered the maze, but the true question was how many would leave? One, perhaps, as a child of the tree would be left unharmed by the wrath of the Kinsenian's creatures as for the others...let us see what fate awaits them.

As Fumiko marched the path less taken, the sounds of her crunching would fade into utter silence. The brambles left behind, the area widened to a small, circular area, enclosed by the brambles. Here, it was hard to tell if it was night or day anymore. The path continued straight ahead into what appeared to be a darkened chamber, but another laid directly to her right. Which path would she take? Well, it didn't quite matter anyways. At least not yet. The ground here was different. There was no crunching, no leaves and branches for her to trample. Instead, she would find her feet stuck in thick, glue-like substance, her feet sinking in to her ankles.

In the distance....there was the crunching. Someone was approaching! But unfortunately, it's unlikely they're there to help. Just a little fly caught in a trap...now where was the spider?

Straight ahead, just beyond the crescendo of footsteps there was the faintest sounds of struggling. Yells of frustration and desperation echoed faintly. Perhaps more victims of the maze? Or perhaps another trap? If the girl managed to get herself free which would she choose? The creature was closing in. She could attempt to help, or take the path to the right and flee to safety. If she did flee however...who would take her place as prey?

Meanwhile, the flower child stalked the man with silver hair down the straight and seemingly barren path. Nothing there except the tangled vines that made up the walls. Quiet now. Wait. Did that vine just move? Serpentine vines slowly slithered behind the man. Closer...Closer...Suddenly, they launched forward, blocking the path forward. They loomed just outside his shield, threatening to wrap around the sphere and coil it in green.

OUTCOME: Left = flypaper trap (Incoming youma! Fight and save the people or run to the right and save yourself), Right: Sentient Vines!



This post has been edited by Virility: Apr 13 2017, 01:17 AM
PMEmail
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 03:58 AM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Fumiko blinked as she looked down at the ground, testing the goo a few times with tugs, an eyebrow raising. This was something new, something unexpected. It was as if she was in a fly trap, which was a tad unsettling. She glanced up at the sound of something moving, testing the goo with a few more tugs. She wasn't going to be getting her boots off, she knew the moment she did she'd be paced with the fact she was now stuck in the muck again, only in her socks instead. Not to mention she really did not want to know what the stuff felt like.

That's when she heard and felt the despair up ahead, her eyes locking in the direction of the voice. Someone was in trouble and she had to get to them. She started to tug at the goo, twisting and pulling as she strained against the stuff, her eyes never leaving the place where she was hearing the shouts. No matter what she had to get there in particular, at that moment she didn't care so much about getting to the end of the maze, but saving the person in trouble. The stuff was almost like flypaper that she was standing in. Wait, flypaper? She stopped her struggling for a moment, crossing her arms in thought. She looked back down at the mysterious substance, her eyes flicking across it, watching as anything landed in the goo to see what it did.

There was definitely an easy way out of the stuff that she was overlooking, and that was the fact that she wasn't far from a patch of ground that was obviously not the stuff. She took a deep breath before slowly, methodically working her feet back and fourth. She grinned as she heard the suck and pop as she pulled a foot free. She lunged forward with her now free foot, planting it firmly on solid ground, grinning a bit as she started working on her other foot, finding it much easier to pull herself free. She glanced around, noting her surroundings. The ground was free from the flypaper-like trap in some places but not others. She started hopping from bare patch to bare patch, keeping her breathing as steady as she could through the mask.

"Calm down! I'm coming!" she shouted, hoping that whatever going after the other trapped person would get distracted by the sound of her voice. If it came after her, good. She'd have to fight, sure, but she was prepared to fight. Whether or not her actual combat abilities would be useful was yet to be seen.
N/A
PM
^
Kunzite
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


Kunzite was stuck. His sphere of magnetic energy effectively mired in dozens of vines that had snaked around, barring further movement. Was this the only secret to be found within this labyrinth? Perhaps, but Kunzite had come this far, he felt committed.

He shrunk the bubble around himself, and the vines constricted as well. He shrunk it even further, so he could get a good look at what might differentiate the constricting vines from the more benign ones that let him pass unchallenged. When the bubble was small enough, the vines literally hissed, and mouths within the buds opened, revealing serpent fangs.

Kunzite smirked. That detail of the cobra-headed buds was too subtle to attract the notice of the casual observer, but now that he knew what to look for, it was unmistakable.

The bubble vanished a split second after Kunzite teleported back to the entrance of maze.


He started to retrace his steps, only instead of reforming his bubble right away, he crossed both arms over his chest, and then with a cry, hurled the pair of machetes far ahead of him, propelling and directing them with his powers of metal control to decapitate any of the serpent vines he recognized.

After each pair of vines he severed, he called the blades back to himself and hurled them out again and again. It was doubtful he would get them all, camouflaged as they were within the more harmless vines, but by his logic, he should be able to get enough of them to reform his protective sphere and proceed onward deeper into the maze.

Or else simply repeat this process until he was able to pass.

What he did not account for was that he was not alone in the maze.
^
Ail
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 01:30 AM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


- Oh, dear...what have they done this time...Wait! Where are you that you can see my friends? - came his sister’s telepathic retort. It was not uncommon for the siblings to communicate over their rapport, especially when it came to the humans. Their response to the pollination was pretty spectacular, at least for the duo of alien observers. The annihilation of their species had not gone over as quietly. While humanity clung to the vestiges of normalcy, their world had been devoured by its own offspring. Spoiled. Corrupt. Ungrateful children. To this day, they hadn’t realized it.

Ail tilted his head as he inspected the curious figure in front of him. He strode with a confidence that Ail hadn’t seen before, not from a human. It was apparent that this man was not an ordinary human - not one of their enforcers, what did they call them?, military, not one of those either. Something about him was vaguely reminiscent of those five magical girls. Was it that silvery aura, the not-so-subtle display of power?

It made him nervous. Ail didn’t like it one bit.

- I’m in the forbidden region. I was napping when one of your friends came along. The one from that private school? - he was certain he name began with an ‘F’, but more to the point, he intoned, - There’s a maze here. And a man... he’s got powers... - Ail would have elaborated too, had he not sensed it.

There! The alien jumped back just in time - a split second before virulent vines snapped at the place he once stood. What the...? The plantlife attacking him? That was certainly a first. He had been under the impression that the spawn of the Makai Tree had some sort of invulnerability to kinesian’s machinations. Was that no longer the case? They had ventured rather far into the poisoned lands, where the pollen was most heavily concentrated. Rather than think twice about it, his attention was drawn to the man he had been tailing.

A normal human would cower at the very site of sentient plantlife. Mankind just didn’t stand a chance against the blossom or the tree. Not this guy. He released his weapons and they went flying by their own devices. The blades whirled in the air with noted precision. Controlled precision.

Another magic warrior? A myriad of thoughts came to him. Kill him now, while his back was turned. (But what if he lo and left his sister alone?) Teleport to An and report the situation (and endanger her as well?). He would have to act quick - more tendrils started to slither forward, wrapping themselves around his ankles and tugging him down. Ail could teleport but these plants seemed far more intelligent than that. Maybe, for the time being, he could use this man to his advantage? Follow him deeper into the thread, then strike when the opportunity was best.

notes ;


This post has been edited by Ail: Apr 16 2017, 01:30 AM
^
Usagi Tsukino
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 05:11 PM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


What used to be a part of Tokyo seemed so deserted, no one was around to see the young girl, walking slowly, dragging her legs towards the wilderness. The weather was rather hot and humid, almost too hot even for Tokyo in the spring, and Usagi was dressed accordingly. She wore a white T-shirt and a lavender hued thin cardigan, while her lower part was covered in light khaki shorts, and her feet shod in a pair of white sneakers. Even though her entire face was covered in the dreadful gas mask, one could still identify her from a distance, thanks to her signature blonde odango, standing out even more so now that her bright locks clash with the dark rubber of the mask.

No one could see it, but the girl sighed to herself as she progressed; as if Usagi wasn't enough of a slowpoke on her own right, she now had to wear that hideous gas mask, which made every movement far more cumbersome and slow. Usually she wasn't one to stress over time after school was over for the day, but this time she really didn't want to be late; in such a case, she'd end up being there after sunset, and that was a chance she was not willing to take. As if this place wasn't scary enough as it is during daytime!

Around her vivacious pink flowers were blooming - a seemingly tranquil sight, but the more they spread, the more apparent their true, deadly nature has become. While it wasn't quite clear what was it about them that made them so deadly, nor where they came from (two questions that the scientists of Mugen Gakkuen were trying their best to answer), it was well obvious by now that they had a poisonous effect on humanity. At this point in time, only a fool would mistake these flowers for something other than pure danger.

And she wasn't a fool, contrary to popular belief widespread by a certain meanieface in the Hikawa Shrine, thankyouverymuch.

No, she wasn't a fool, and she wasn't useless, and she didn't need to be protected all the time by the four others; she didn't want to be protected by them all the time, unable to do anything. It made her feel like such a heavy burden on them, like she's dragging them behind. Rei chan even said so earlier this day, when the five of them were discussing possible causes for the phenomenon, and Usagi's tummy made a noise. . . A frown featured the blonde's face as she remembered the miko's words.

"U-s-a-g-i-! Would you stop thinking only about food?! We're in the middle of something serious here! Gosh, you always drag us down!"

Rei chan, that meanieface! It wasn't her fault that she was hungry! Eating is an important part of a young girl's growing process, especially in such dire times!

But that's okay; she wouldn't have to argue with them over that. No, Usagi thought of a much better way to prove she's right - she'd just show them. She'd show them she can do things on her own - and quite successfully so! - By finding the origin of the floral disease! And while she didn't exactly know where to begin looking for it (there were thousands of flowers all over the city, after all, and taking a closer look on each and every one of them is going to take quite some time), this labyrinth looked like a good place to start.

Hence, she was here, all on her own, and she even made it on time before sunset. Thus far, everything seemed to go according to her plan.

All, except for one thing: fear.

Usagi had seen the maze on the news and in papers, but never thought it would be as scary as it was when standing right in front of it. As a matter of fact, she never believed plants could be this scary, yet here she was, standing in front of a messy labyrinth, with seemingly no living soul but her. The place was eerily quiet, save for a sudden scream that came from the depths of the forest every now and then, which didn't exactly make her feel any calmer.

Gah! Why was she even there in the first place? Has she lost the very best of her mind?! She should probably head back home, where it's safe, where the windows are closed so no polluted air could come in, cuddle in her soft blankets and read some of her manga collection. . .

. . . Only, if she does that, everything Rei chan said about her would be the truth.

Well, there was one thing she could do to try to be just a little bit braver. All out of a sudden, the blonde ran to hide behind one of the maze's thick plant walls as fast as she could (an uneasy task, considering her poor fitness and the plastic mask on her face). There, after making sure there was no one around to see her (now that part was a whole lot easier), she took the rounded pink broach out of her pocket and spoke the magic words: "Moon Prism Power, Make Up!"

Within a single magical instant, her appearance was changed completely, her regular, simple clothing disappearing and changed into the much more majestic and sparkly blue, white and dark pink Sailor Fuku. The Beautiful Sailor-Suited Soldier of Love and Justice stood there in all her might and glory.

Needless to say, Usagi was scared as hell and didn't want to go in. But surely, Sailor Moon would have more courage that she could lend her. . . And besides, it'll probably be much easier to move around without having to wear that mask, right?

Well, there's no point in delaying what had to be done, even if every inch in her body told her to run for her life. Taking a deep breath, the Princess stepped into the maze, following a route that curved to the right. . .

. . . Completely ignoring another, side route that turned to the left.

Surely she would've considered following it if she noticed it beforehand, but the blonde was never known to be very attentive to little details.
^
Virility
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 01:04 AM
Quote
Virility
Makaiju
""
3
posts
N/A years old
N/A
N/A
Narrator
is Offline.


wildland

A chase was always more interesting. Besides, this one seemed to be quite lively. Much better than the thinning man who reeked from sweat and fear. Humans had disgusting shells but their inner energies were so very very tasty indeed.

A tall creature with pale pink skin and her head topped with leaves that resembled a bob cut. She could have been called beautiful, if it was not for her bottom half. A heavy abdomen and root like spider legs. That, and the pair of thorn like fangs poking from her lips. Oh, and the multiple pairs of red eyes hidden by her foliage locks. "My my...another little fly has come to play..."

Just as she was about the cross the doorway like exit towards her fellow human, the spider blocked the way, towering over her. "Hm...smart little fly. Too bad your life expectancy is up.."

Raising a hand, a flower bloomed on her palm, spraying more of that sticky substance at Fumiko.

Meanwhile, the serpent like hedges hissed violently as the man with the machete chopped off one and then another. More...more...they needed more backup. This one was troublesome, indeed. Along the ground they slithered aiming for the silver man's feet instead while the others lunged at his front. Then, this other being...He was sprightly, able to detect and dodge their searing bite. Indeed, it was time for another of their tricks. Suddenly the remaining vines opened their mouths, spraying a strange substance from their throats, heavily perfumed and thick like fog spreading to the rest of the path. These two were interesting to say the least, but perhaps not as interesting as the girl who entered after them. Yes, this girl was much more interesting...her energy was abundant and lovely. Pure and clean. Yes. She would be an excellent prey. The vines blocking the path's exit began to thin, slithering instead towards the back where they twisted and turned around the ground just before the girl's footfalls.<



This post has been edited by Virility: Jun 7 2017, 11:44 PM
PMEmail
^
Kunzite
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 08:32 PM
Quote
""
N/A
posts
years old
is N/A.


Kunzite used his powers of metal manipulation to hack at the vines from what he thought to be a safe distance, until they snaked around, low to the floor to snap at his feet. He called the blades back to himself, reformed the sphere, and levitated it just a little before they could strike.

He floated, bemused, as the angry vines snapped at his sphere. He'd gotten many, but not enough. Just a few more and he would have been able to pass, but he dared not lower his shield. He deemed it too risky, even unmindful as he was that there was more than one source of danger in this maze. (One, as yet unseen, but quite close at hand.)

A fog swirled outside his shield. He imagined it to be quite noxious, unable as he was to to smell the perfume from within the sphere. As he deliberated his next plan of attack, the vines aborted their futile assault on the sphere darted past him, in search of better prey. Kunzite did not wait to ponder this. There was a fog-shrouded route before him, so he ventured deeper into the maze.

This post has been edited by Kunzite: Apr 29 2017, 10:42 PM
^
Fumiko Amaya
 Posted: May 1 2017, 01:22 AM
Quote
Fumiko Amaya
Neutral
""
23
posts
Sixteen years old
Student (Mugen)
Empathetic light
Lux
is Offline.


Fumiko hopped to a stop as she heard and soon after saw a figure appear out of the darkness, taking a half step back from what she saw. It was a half woman, half spider, half plant... thing. She looked up at the creature, a small smirk crossing her features. So these were the kinds of things in the poison lands? Oh how this was going to be fun. It wasn't human, she didn't have to worry about getting sued for broken bones and the like. She could fight to her full ability and test her athletic limits, which she was definitely going to do here. She didn't know how fast this spider thing was, but she was going to test that speed.

Before the creature could raise it's pink hand Fumiko was already on the move, her eyes flicking from it to the ground as she continued to hop from spot to spot. Sure, her own mobility was limited but she at least could try to surprise the creature. "Ya know, my life expectancy is at least ninety-five. I'm only sixteen so I'd say I still have plenty of time. Can't say the same to you." she said as she stopped, holding up her hands as if sizing up her foe.

How angry and irrational can I get this thing? That would put me at an advantage.

She grinned as she hopped quickly away, avoiding the next spray. "Ya know, you would be reaaaaaally pretty if you were... ya know... not you. I mean, come on, spider legs? That was soooo six months ago. Get with the times girl. I mean, come on, at least match the current anime tropes. Monster girls aren't really popular right now unless you look at hentai." She stuck out her tongue at the half female spider thing. "I mean, you can't even catch me, what does that say about you? That spiders ain't worth anything." She knew one thing irritated most people more than anything else, and that was pointing our failures, especially in a situation like this.

At the very least it could give the other person a chance to break free, right?
N/A


This post has been edited by Fumiko Amaya: May 4 2017, 12:42 PM
PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: May 30 2017, 02:08 PM
Quote
Citrine
Gaians
""
51
posts
17 years old
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.


Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
Being the type of kid that he was, Jin knew he couldn't resist the call to investigate the supposed maze where so many others had vanished in. People around his block tried to tell him to avoid it saying he wouldn't come back, something he wasn't sure of himself.

But something he did know was that if there were people still alive amidst the overgrown flora, Jin couldn't take the chance of just leaving them there. But besides that, people also talked about the supplies there. It was only after seeing he wouldn't be deterred that a few citizens who Jin had helped before reluctantly offered some vital tools to get him through by one of the older men who previously worked in emergency responses.

Unfortunately, what little gear he could be offered wasn't exactly top of the line nor particularly recommended for dealing with the area. Instead of his usual attire which he could comfortably move around in, Jin found himself draped in the clunky uniform belonging to one of Tokyo's fire departments.

The suit itself was a standard brown with various straps and tapes over it to tighten it to Jin's body. Over Jin's face was a standard issue firefighter respirator which he had tightly strapped on in hopes of it greatly increasing his chances of survival. Despite all this though, Jin knew he wouldn't want to risk being exposed any longer to the deadly pollen than he still had to, more so since he didn't have an air tank of any kind to make sure what he was breathing was only good stuff.

And so with a bit of reluctance, Jin found the entrance to the rumored maze of resources and proceeded inside after saying a potential last goodbye to his father. His eyes ever carefully scanned around him as he moved through the thick bloom. He wasn't even sure how if he would be able to bring back both survivors and the supplies at the same time if he did stumble upon either, but he did his best not to think of it now.

His gloved hands moving to grab at various vines and yank them aside so he could progress further, Jin remained ever watchful before going to lift a hand up. He figured if he looked like rescue services, he might as well act like it too for now. "Hey! I don't know if anyone is here, but please call out if anyone can hear me!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, still muffled to the point of only being as loud as someone normally talking. He had no idea if there could be actual people in need of help, much less dangerous things that could be lurking nearby, but he figured he had to give it a try anyways.

Eventually after stumbling around for long enough, he'd find himself looking between two different paths. He didn't quite seem certain of which way to go. He supposed it was a maze, but he still wouldn't had minded a bit of help. Closing his eyes and focusing hard, he had to settle this the only way he knew how. He took out a coin and made a flip, calling it while it soared into the air before catching it and slamming it onto his palm. Heads. Turning on his heel, he began to head to the left while pocketing the coin, completely unaware to the dangers he might face as he continued to call out ever so often to make sure if he could help anyone.

OOC: Left please!



This post has been edited by Citrine: May 30 2017, 02:24 PM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 


AFFILIATES