Inner Senshi
""
Babysitter
Love + Moonlight
Sailor Moon
is Offline.

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
tag: Haruka Tenou!
Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights? Would you fall in the name of love?
As Usagi shuffled through an abandoned shoppe in search of sweets for her friends, she could hear the pouring rain, beating on the roof as it hit the surface. She didn't mind the rain, which seemed to happen more often these days. But, a crash could be heard in the distance followed by a flash that lit up the whole room. A storm was rolling in, quickly

She ventured out alone that night, hoping to find leftover sweets to surprise the gang with. It was meant to be part of a surprise, so she didn't bother to call anyone of them or let Luna know. She was Sailor Moon, the soldier of love and justice! Usagi didn't need anyone to babysit her. Another flash of lightning made her squeal. Usagi was absolutely terrified of storms.

'Baka! You big dummy, why did you have to go out alone at night?' Usagi hated this...she hated storms. She got up with her half-full white bunny backpack (she had eaten the other half already), and looked out one of the shoppe's windows. Just as she prepared herself for a mad dash outside, the thunder rolled and the lightening struck near by causing a deafeaning crash. Usagi held back a scream.

Whimpering, trembling, and doing her best not to cry, Usagi closed her eyes and prayed it would be over soon. She couldn't miss curfew or she would be left outside of the camps. 'Okay stupid, you can do this. It's just water...'

Outside, she began to hear a roaring sound. It sounded like a train or something. Usagi realized almost instantly that this wasn't your average thunderstorm. Things were shattering and the winds were picking up all the leftover debris. Then she realized the rain was leaking in through one of the many holes in the roof. Nooo. What if this is a tornado and I am trapped!?

Usagi went to the door cautious of every step she took. She fashioned her bag to be a barrier between her and the rain. It's just water! You freakin' crybaby! There was really no choice in the matter. After a few minutes of deep breathing, Usagi made a run for it.

PM
^
Haruka Tenou
 Posted: May 16 2017, 02:11 AM
Haruka Tenou
Outer Senshi
""
Racer, Student
Great Winds
Sailor Uranus
is Offline.

Tokyo felt the fury of the storm this day. Thunder shook the city. Lightning illuminated the skies. The rain fell without abating. To many, this was just another storm in Japan's rainy season and simply a cause to avoid being outside for too long. However, the winds of this storm were unusually strong, causing debris from the dilapidated buildings in this abandoned part of the city to come loose and take dangerous flight. The storm would pass, eventually, but that would not be for a long time.

Poor visibility. Roads slick. Wind howling. Perfect.

Some would call ripping down the streets of Tokyo in the middle of a storm like this on a motorcycle foolhardy, reckless, or just plain stupid. At this moment, Haruka did not care for any of those terms. She absolutely needed to get out of Mugen, her apartment building, anyplace that felt familiar and worst of all, silent. Her desire to hear the roar of an engine, her hands on the handlebar, and to have her adrenaline surge through her body overruled all reason. Haruka wanted nothing more than to be one with the storm, for the storm would give her a distraction from her treacherous doubts.

Being Sailor Uranus. Combating the corrupting flowers. Michiru. All these things made Haruka hesitate and doubt herself. When she was on the back of her Yamaha YZF-R1, all of her doubts washed away with the rain. This was her moment of serenity, of zen. All she needed to focus on was the road and any dangers it may present. Her thoughts could not be preoccupied with anything else. Her heart, elated from zipping through empty streets, did not feel heavy this day.

Haruka saw up ahead a tricky, almost serpentine street coming soon. Loathed as she was to slow down, even her skills would not allow her to go full speed through such a winding road, especially in this whether. It could not be helped. Besides, it would just be a slight slowing. Once she got past, Haruka would rev the engine and once more ride free.

As she turned the corner, a figure caught her eye. Odd. No one should have been out at a time like this. Hypocritical of Haruka to think, yes, but that did not matter. What mattered was the stranger with the white bunny backpack. The winds blew more fiercely now. A large storefront sign trembled from the gusts.

"Odango hair..." Haruka noticed the hairstyle of the girl who appeared to be scared out of her wits. Was she out foraging for food? Haruka chided herself, living comfortably on Mugen campus while others suffered. She could not stop it all, but maybe she could help this girl. Rolling up to her, Haruka lifted the visor of her helmet. There was something about this girl, something striking...

The sign above them shuddered. A piece of its support snapped off, but the clamour of the storm drowned out all noise far from them.

"Hey!" Haruka said to the odango-hair girl, "You shouldn't be out here! It's dangerous in the storm and it is getting late!"

A loud creak made itself heard despite the din of the storm. Haruka looked up to see the sign hanging on just a small scrap of metal. It would fall right on top of odango girl. Instinct took over as she pushed off from her bike and all but tackled the girl, just in time as the sign came down with a sudden crash.

Tag: Usagi Tsukino
(Note: I hope this is an okay response, Usagi.)
PM
^
Usagi Tsukino
 Posted: May 16 2017, 12:31 PM
Usagi Tsukino
Inner Senshi
""
Babysitter
Love + Moonlight
Sailor Moon
is Offline.

Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights? Would you fall in the name of love?
Though the storm had been forming for some time, Usagi had been so busy with finding presents for her friends that she failed to notice the darkening skies. She wished she saw it sooner and could've avoiding running out into the storm like a madwowman.D renched to the bone and sluicing water everywhere with every step, Usagi dashed from building to building to try and save herself from the downpour.

Usagi ran, not sure what to do. She was scared and confused. Which way was the right way? Suddenly, she saw some trees nearby and decided it was the best place to hide in a storm. (*Disclaimer* NEVER go under a tree in a thunderstorm) Suddenly the realisation that she was lost hit her and she realise she may not make it home before curfew. The worst part was, her parents would be worried sick about her. They wouldn't be able to come look for her either; didn't know she was alone and stuck, drowning in her own fear... She might even be stuck there all night!

Usagi started to cry. Then she saw the headlights from a motorcycle coming her way. Was it going to swerve off the road and hit her!? A lightning bolt struck again and Usagi wailed even louder, running off before she could hear the person calling out to her.

She bolted beneath a sign, frightened of the thunder's pursuance. Was it chasing her? Unbeknownst to her, the very sign that she stood beneath was hanging by a thread. Usagi didn't have a second to notice before she felt a pair of arms encircle her. She gasped, thinking someone was capturing her and struggled for a second in renewed fright, even more so than she was of the thunder... but the arms were soft and comforting. Almost on instinct, she leaned into those safe, protective arms. 'Y-you saved me...' She said thankfully and genuinely.

Her saviour was attractive, with short clipped blonde hair. She shivered in their arms and blushed alittle. 'Thank you...for saving me.'

PM
^
Haruka Tenou
 Posted: May 16 2017, 10:27 PM
Haruka Tenou
Outer Senshi
""
Racer, Student
Great Winds
Sailor Uranus
is Offline.

Haruka clutched the odango girl tight as they both collided onto the street while the sign smashed into the ground. Bits of glass and shrapnel from the sign splintered off in an explosion of debris. Being larger than odango girl, Haruka rolled so her back took most of the falling shards. Her race suit took the brunt of the damage and her helmet protected the two from the worst of it.

Once the worst of the incident passed, Haruka released her hold of odango girl and sat up. She removed her helmet and let it fall onto the ground as she took a deep breath. This was not the kind of exhilaration she was looking for tonight. Then again, as she regarded odango girl, Haruka had to admit she was pretty cute. But what was she doing in a place like this?

"Don't worry about it," Haruka replied in response to odango girl's thanks. "I just did what anyone else would have."

Yet as gazes met, Haruka felt something beyond common decency caused her to act as this girl's defender. Something about odango made Haruka feel... protective. Maybe it was the innocence in her eyes or the fear that was marked on her face, but Haruka almost felt a compulsion to protect her. Maybe all this Senshi stuff finally got to her that she acted the part even without transforming. She felt the tip of the lip rod inside her jacket push against her. Hopefully she would not need it tonight.

The storm was picking up in force as the downpour increased. Even Haruka would not ride her motorcycle in such a furious gale. The girl trembled in the cold.

"We have to find shelter." Her voice grew loud so that odango girl could hear her over the howling winds. A flash of lighting danced as thunder let loose its raucous song. They were in the heart of the storm.

Haruka looked around for some place safe to stay for a while. She turned to the building that once held the sign aloft. Well, it tried to kill the poor girl, the least it could do was protect her from the rain. Haruka walked with purpose towards the door of the building and found it shuttered. The handle moved though, so it was not locked. Taking a step back, Haruka lifted her boot and slammed it against the door, forcing it open.

"This way!" she called, letting odango get in first. She went back and collected her bike, wheeling inside the building. The place appeared to have been a store of some sort. Electronics, by the way the sale signs looked, but it had long since been stripped bare by looters and foragers. Still, a roof over their heads was a start.

Her attention focused on odango girl, she decided to introduce herself to her charge. "My name is Haruka Tenou," she said, offering the girl a smile. Despite all the mayhem, she could not help but play her games. A little levity could lighten then situation some. "What's a cute rabbit like yourself doing in this part of town? You should be warm in your den."

PM
^
Usagi Tsukino
 Posted: May 21 2017, 05:04 PM
Usagi Tsukino
Inner Senshi
""
Babysitter
Love + Moonlight
Sailor Moon
is Offline.

BADUM, BADUM was the sound of Usagi's heart racing like the heart of a small, frightened animal. She looked up in wonder and blushed slightly at the beautiful face of her saviour. The heroic stranger was wearing a racing suit that showed her physique... so she was a woman...? Usagi couldn't be sure and when thunder rumbled again she was too terrified to think about anything else.

A zap of lightning and clap of thunder scared the poor bunny onto her feet. Usagi clamped both hands over her ears, trying to drown out the awful thunder. When the biker suggested they find shelter, Usagi nodded and scurried behind her.

When the biker found a nearby place that was suitable, she displayed her amazing strength and kicked the door open. The crushing sounds of the thunder were causing Usagi to shiver, the spuratic lightning flashes showed the unreliability to the world around her, and the coldness of the rain drowned her skin and clothes. In her pale pink and white outfit, the water made her clothes almost see through. Helpless, Usagi pulled her backpack in front of her for modesty. Her heart was pounding faster than ever...

'Thank god.' Usagi whispered once they were safe inside. She didn't know what this place used to be but it was as old and disappointing as every other building in Tokyo.

Just like the rain fell from the sky, tears of sorrow fell from her eyes. The coldness reminded her of the emptiness in her heart... emptiness that could only be filled by her one true prince. The absence was overwhelming, when a memory of someone she knew she loved made her solitude unbearable. Now that she was inside and safe from the dark dangers, she wept.

The sight of Usagi crying was always a very sad one, especially when her clothes were soaking wet and her odangos became loose. Her wet blond tresses stuck to her clothes as she sat down on an empty crate.

'S-sorry. I'm fine...' Usagi's voice and body contradicted her words. She felt numb. Thankfully she remembered her manners and used the opportunity to show her gratitude as an excuse not to cry. 'I'm Usagi Tsukino. I was out finding presents for my friends...I lost track of time and got caught in the storm.' The sweethearted koneko bowed her head graciously. 'Thank you...Haruka-san.'

Then, as if she expected her saviour to leave her suddenly, Usagi held up her bag filled with sweets. 'Please have some? It's not much... but it's all I have to show my thanks...'

BADUM, BADUM

PM
^
Haruka Tenou
 Posted: May 22 2017, 09:44 AM
Haruka Tenou
Outer Senshi
""
Racer, Student
Great Winds
Sailor Uranus
is Offline.

Haruka was not certain about the odango girl, who introduced herself as Usagi Tsukino. There was an innocence to her that was endearing, but she cried at the drop of a hat, or in this case, with the crash of thunder. Still, she picked herself up and tried to put on a brave face and that was something Haruka could give Usagi credit for. Some people would stay down, but Usagi held a hidden strength.

She could not hold it against Usagi for her tears though. It appeared that Usagi did not prepare for the storm judging by her choice of clothing. Her heart was in the right place judging by her stated intentions to find gifts for her friends, but foraging at this time was dangerous. Usagi shivered in the cold. The ruined store was decent enough shelter, but it would not be enough. She'd catch cold soon enough, or worse, hypothermia. Seeing Usagi cry snapped Haruka's heart in twain. That feeling of protectiveness rose again.

Unzipping her jacket, Haruka slipped it off and draped it over Usagi's shoulders. She wore a long sleeved over shirt underneath with a chest compressing sports top under that. It helped with aerodynamics.

"Usagi-chan." Haruka hoped using that honouriffic would ease Usagi's tension. "You have a beautiful heart for looking out for your friends. Please be strong, and we'll get out of this mess. As long as you need me, I'll protect you."

Who was this girl to have such an effect on Haruka? If only she knew. When Usagi offered one of her gifts to Haruka, she knew it to be rude to refuse. Though she did normally did not eat sweets like these, she smiled and accepted the offer, though she sought out the smallest piece.

"Arigato, Usagi-chan." Haruka removed the treat from its wrapper and chewed on it. As she chewed she thought of exactly how to get out of this mess. Judging by Usagi going out to forage for treats, it meant they were not readily available to her. That meant one thing; she lived in the communal camps for the displaced. Or she could bring to Torio 3. Torio 3 was closer, but in the opposite direction. She'd be safer there and recover from the cold quicker. Haruka looked outside the window. The skies darkened considerably, not due to more storm clouds, but the coming twilight. She could get Usagi to the communal facilities or to Torio 3, but not both within such a short time frame.

The answer was simple then.

"Do you live in the communal camps, Usagi-chan?" Haruka asked only for confirmation, in the event she was wrong in her deduction. "I can get you there, or I can bring you to the Torio 3 where I live. The facilities there will help you recover. The choice is yours, but it needs to be made quickly.

PM
^
Usagi Tsukino
 Posted: May 23 2017, 02:36 PM
Usagi Tsukino
Inner Senshi
""
Babysitter
Love + Moonlight
Sailor Moon
is Offline.

BLUE EYES CRYING IN THE RAIN
Usagi smiled at Haruka's kind gesture, giving her her racing jacket to give her some warmth and hide her shame. She didn't notice but Haruka's chest was flat... like a guy... she wondered if her saviour was a man or woman, or if it even mattered at this point. The sincerity in her voice and actions rand in her heart and made it hard to resist.

Staring down at her hands, she bit her lip and thought about what she had done. Minako and Makoto would be so angry with her if they knew she missed curfew to gather sweets, even if it was for them. She moved her gaze arund the empty building. The walls were brightly coloured and automatically made her think this was a toy store. The plush carpet felt smooth under her feet. Continously trying as she could, Usagi noted she couldn't make out what this building was. Or where they were. The emptiness made the store feel like a cage that Haruka and she were trapped in.

After accepting her offering of a treat, Haruka suggested that they try to make it out. But... to go home with her family or back to Haruka's, a person she just met, home?

Bright pink patches graced her cheeks as her thoughts had turned toward a path she vowed never to speak aloud. Usagi often let her wants come before her needs. She was too naive in this area and certainly Haruka had no intentions... right?

Feeling confused, and slightly flustered, Usagi stood up and wandered to the window to look outside. She hear a soft patter on the glass, indicating the rain was dying down. What would the moon princess do? She wondered to herself. It was too dangerous to simply run off with a stranger... even if she did make her heart flutter. She pulled the jacket closer around her. It made her feel so safe. But she knew her friends would never forgive her if she stupidly walked into a death trap. She couldn't trust anyone these days... not Seijuuro, not Haruka, not herself some times.

'Hai... I live in one of the camps... with my family. They would be really worried if I didnt come back home tonight...'

This post has been edited by Usagi Tsukino: May 23 2017, 02:38 PM
PM
^
Haruka Tenou
 Posted: May 24 2017, 01:26 AM
Haruka Tenou
Outer Senshi
""
Racer, Student
Great Winds
Sailor Uranus
is Offline.

Haruka nodded in agreement when Usagi made her decision to return to the camp. After reflection it was the smart move. Haruka's intention was just to make sure Usagi was safe, but she understood that taking a young girl to her place at first meeting was kind of suspect. Still, if the rabbit wanted to go back to her warren, then Haruka would take her there.

However, the camps were far and in the opposite direction of Haruka's home. Should Haruka go there, she would not be able to return to Torio 3 until the next morning. This was going to bring Haruka well outside her comfort zone, but then, so much in the past few weeks did that. Maybe it was time to open her wings and fly from her aerie. It would be the first time she saw how the people of Tokyo lived beyond Mugen and Torio 3.

"I understand," Haruka said standing to her full height. She looked over to a window to see how the weather was doing. The storm still raged with the occasional thunder and lighting. It would be dangerous, especially with a passenger. Haruka needed to take every precaution to protect Usagi and herself.

She picked up her helmet and handed it to Usagi. "It's a little big, but tuck your hair inside and it should pad it out nicely." Riding without a helmet was one of the biggest mistakes any racer could ever make, but she only had the one and something in the back of her mind still brought out that fierce protectiveness to Usagi. She needed it more than her.

"We're going to ride the storm," Haruka continued, "there are two things I need you to do. Number one: you need to be brave. You can't cry while we ride. I need to focus on the road and the road only. There can be no distractions."

"Number two: you need to hold on to me and never, ever let go." Do emphasise her point, Haruka zipped up her jacket that Usagi wore. She then held Usagi's hands in her own gloved ones. She looked Usagi in the eye, her voice firm, defensive.

"I will protect you, Usagi-chan. You just need to follow those two things and we'll endure the worst of it. Do you understand?"

PM
^
Usagi Tsukino
 Posted: May 27 2017, 11:41 AM
Usagi Tsukino
Inner Senshi
""
Babysitter
Love + Moonlight
Sailor Moon
is Offline.

'Thank you, I would like that Haruka-san....' Usagi took the helmet in her hands and tried to fit it over her buns but it was clumsily holding. So she let them down and released her unexpected long blond hair flow down her back. Haruka's hands were dangerously close to her heart... zipping up her jacket... Usagi closed her eyes. She felt like her heartbeat was so loud she could hear it outside her body.

Haruka told her two rules that seemed easy enough for Usagi to follow. Be brave, don't let go. There was something about the way Haruka talked to her that made her breath shallow. The racer was looking at her in a knowing way, as if they culd see something inside her that was invisible to all other's eyes. Usagi's heart was racing too. BADUM, BADUM, BADUM. 'H-hai, I can do that...Haruka-san.'

The rain let up enough for them to make the ride. Night had fallen over the city of Tokyo, twinkling stars spotted the dark black and blue sky, accompanied by a luminious crescent moon that glowed brillantly. It was actually a beautiful night once the storm subsided. But there was still an omnious feeling that made Usagi cling to Haruka a bit tighter.

The street lights still worked at least, so it wasn't completely dark. The night was comfortable now that the rain turned to gentle drops and the thunder left. The night was warm... or was it cold? Usagi couldn't have said one way of the other. Whatever the temperature of the wind that was rustling her free and long hair, she was kept unaware by the warm tingle coming from Haruka's body against hers. She was nervous to ride on the motorcycle, especially when evil flower creatures could be hiding in the shadows. ...but Usagi felt safe here, like a princess with her knight.

moon pride
anata no
chikara ni naritai

PM
^
Haruka Tenou
 Posted: May 28 2017, 01:50 AM
Haruka Tenou
Outer Senshi
""
Racer, Student
Great Winds
Sailor Uranus
is Offline.

With hands firmly on the handlebars of her bike and Usagi clutching her midsection, Haruka wheeled the bike out into the rain and onto the roads. She knew the way to the camps easily enough; how many times had she merely passed them by without another thought? How often did she soar by without averting her gaze once to the people there. Well, that was about to end tonight.

The storm subsided somewhat as they rode through the streets, which helped Haruka immensely. She did not ride too fast for many reasons. For starters, without a helmet it was difficult to see. Second, she did not want to run the risk of scaring or worse, potentially harming Usagi through an accident. Riding with a passenger was much different than riding alone. Everything needed to be taken with much greater care.

Haruka also promised to protect Usagi. Her word was her bond, and when given, her word was ironclad.

She had to admit, it was kind of nice to have a passenger for a change, and Usagi made for good company. Haruka never rode with anyone before; no one asked and she asked no one until today. Even in the biting cold of the wind and rain, she could feel Usagi's harm against her back. The closeness of another... was this what she wanted all this time?

She'd have to dwell on that another time. The roads were still dangerous even if she was making good time.

However, night descended on the two and curfew would begin soon. They needed to put the pedal to the metal. "Hold on tight!" Haruka raised her voice over the roar of the motorcycle's engine.

Going full throttle, Haruka guided her bike through the streets, the two wheels creating large riptides out of the puddles on the streets. Up ahead she saw the camp. Several of the street lights were shutting off. The gate was slowly closing. Curfew was soon. Her teeth grinding, Haruka ripped around the corner and headed straight through.

Just in the nick of time. Haruka slid her bike through the gate right before it closed. The sight of a rider and her young girl surprised many of the people within the camp, but they were inside and not out on the streets, so they had no reason to say they broke curfew. However, as the gate closed shut, Haruka knew here she would stay for the night. She got Usagi home safely, yes, but now she was the one well outside her comfort zone.

The eagle now lay in an unfamiliar nest.

-End-

Continued in:
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES