Welcome Guest, please Log In or Register
Logged in as Guest
INBOX () / Alerts () / MY CONTROLS / LOG OUT /

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Long Time Coming, tag Citrine
Tourmaline
 Posted: May 31 2017, 10:19 PM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

Tokyo's metropolis was a place that Ayame was not comfortable and for good reason. It was quite close to the worst of the pollination and it was beyond her as to why anyone would consider it a good place to stay there unless they had to. Aside from the negative effects of the flora itself, she often got headaches just being within the area. The feeling of wrongness was prominent and she was sure that it would only grow unless she dared to wander into parts of the closed off areas.

Unfortunately, she had little choice on the matter. Despite how uncomfortable it made her, she had to venture into the area if she wished to see her parents. If it were even possible, she had begun to see them even less than usual. Since the pollination had clearly become a threat, they had seemed to emerge themselves into their work. She was quite sure that they had managed to forget her, only reminded of her existence when she had graduated and entered college.

Frowning, Ayame began walking through the area, planning to make her way to one of the clinics.

Between happiness and sadness

PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: May 31 2017, 11:10 PM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
"Stupid old man. Doesn't know when to just lay back." Jin grumbled loudly to himself as he made his way down one of the more dangerous streets, something he seemed to find himself constantly doing now for better or worse. On his shoulder with an arm curled around it was a brown cardboard box, held closed only by his hand. Jin really didn't really like trudging through pollen filled areas more than he had to but this was essentially his work and he wouldn't let the plants keep him from going where he needed. If he stopped getting supplies, his dad would be as good as gone.

Quickening his pace slightly, Jin moved a hand up to feel against his face for probably the hundredth time since he set out. He confirmed his mask was still there. It was a cheap disposable one you would give someone who had a cough or something, but it was all the protection that he could really afford. But with people going delirious in these places without protection, Jin was willing to get what help he could get.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Jin's eyes glanced around a few times before figuring he'd probably be safe from running into any annoying thugs here. Relaxing slightly as he took in a shallow breath, he began to hum to himself quite loudly as he made his way through the streets, not particularly worried about traffic since so few people drove nowadays.

Tourmaline

This post has been edited by Citrine: May 31 2017, 11:11 PM
PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 12:39 AM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

Ayame paid little mind to the individuals around. In fact, she appeared to not be paying attention to much at all as she walked. Instead, the young woman was wrapped up in her thoughts, considering what she might do once she actually got to the clinic. She knew that it was unlikely that she would be unable to see her parents immediately and pushing her way through people who actually needed help did not sound advisable. The more she thought about it the more she found herself hesitant. The relationship between herself and her parents was not the best. She was not sure if placing herself in a situation where they might be inconvenienced by her would be best.

She paused, a frown coming to her face. For a moment, a thought crossed her mind. However, it felt out of place. It was like a whisper and was far more comforting than her turbulent train of thought. She found herself hesitant by it. It was not unusual. This often happened, but she was not sure as to what she should think of it.

Before she could think upon the matter, she found herself distracted by the sound of loud humming. Her gaze sought out the source and, for a moment, she froze in place.

Citrine.

She was not sure if the thought was her own or not, but the name came to her clearly and she found that she recognized it. It was the name of someone from her past life and someone she had known well. The person looked...familiar, but she was not sure if she could believe that it was him. After all, everyone should be dead now, no? Though...perhaps that was a foolish thing to think. After all, by that logic, so should she.

Without putting much thought into it, she approached the stranger. He would certainly be a reprieve from her thoughts about her parents whether she was wrong or right. "Hello?" she said, the words coming out more like a question.

PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 01:03 AM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
Giving himself a slightly smile underneath his mask as he let his humming try to clear his mind of all worries, Jin felt himself relax fully for the first time in a few weeks. He was calm and for a moment he thought he might end up in a state of zen. So when he heard some woman's voice suddenly beside him, he was just caught a bit off guard. Jumping up slightly, his gaze shot around before resting upon the girl before him. For a moment, he glanced around to confirm she was speaking with him before coming to a stop to turn to her. "Uh, hey there. You. . ." his words seemed to stop just as soon as they started, himself taking a moment now to look at her.

Leaning in maybe a bit closer than he probably should've, Jin seemed to stare hard at her face with his eyes narrowing. There was something about her that was bugging him, but he couldn't figure it out. Taking a moment to cast his gaze down over her figure, he supposed maybe it would help but he still seemed to draw blanks. It wasn't until he brought his gaze back up to her face that his brows lifted slightly, himself now finally realizing what was bothering him.

"You should really put on a mask. Last thing you need is to be breathing in this stuff, ya know." he calmly stated with a light chuckle. He blinked a bit as his eyes lingered upon her for a moment longer than he mean them to before he readjusted his grip and continued walking the same way he'd been going before, assuming she might be going the same path."It's a pain, I know. But your health is worth it. Especially when a lady like you probably has a lot of years ahead, right?"

Tourmaline

This post has been edited by Citrine: Jun 1 2017, 01:03 AM
PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 01:45 AM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

A flash of guilt went through Ayame as the blonde jumped slightly, though it disappeared as quickly as it had come. "Sorry," she said lightly. She paused as he returned her greeting, only to pause. Her eyes widened as he suddenly invaded her personal space, though she did not actively make to place distance between the two of them. Instead, a frown wormed its way across her face and suspicion planted itself within her mind. While Ayame did not have many friends, she did know that it was rather peculiar to suddenly invade the personal space of a stranger. However, she was beginning to think that her suspicion that this individual might not be a stranger at might be far more true than she had previously believed.

She blinked at the sudden mention of a mask. "Mask?" she echoed, her brow furrowing. She thought for a moment, before a sheepish smile crossed her face. "Oh. I forgot," she said. She had been meaning to put one on earlier before she entered this area. However, it had slipped her mind, as things often did, due to her tendency to become lost in her thoughts. "Must have slipped my mind while I was walking," she muttered before she dug into the pocket of her sweater. Quietly, she pulled out a mask. Easily, she snapped the object in place.

Ayame's gaze went back to the blonde, planning on answering his question, but her gaze paused on a cardboard box in the stranger's- likely Citrine, she mentally reminded herself- possession. "What is that?"

This post has been edited by Tourmaline: Jun 1 2017, 01:46 AM
PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 02:09 AM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
With Jin not seeming to be aware that invading people's spaces might not be as little a deal as he thought of it, he'd not really notice as he might cause her discomfort. Instead he carried on with a relaxed pace without much cares seeming to weigh him down, smiling a bit as he noticed her moving with him now. "Well, it's a good thing we ran into each other then. Last thing I want is to have to carry someone to a camp." he nodded a few times before looking back forward.

Adjusting his grip once more on the box at her mention of it, Jin looked back over his other shoulder at her before gesturing to the box with a quick motion of his head. "This box? Nothing much. Just some bottled water and protein bars. My old man had enough to last him a good year if he ate ten a day. So I figured we could stand to part with some." he explained before going to carefully reach into the box with his free hand, digging around for a few seconds before going to pull out one of the previously mentioned waters and hold it out for her to take. "Plus I'm looking around the camps for some meds or at least some vitamins or something. Dad, in all his shining brilliance, decided to only stock up on protein of all things." he couldn't help but let out a sigh and shake his head slightly after explaining their predicament.

And it was then Jin found himself looking her over a bit quizzically before tilting his head slightly. "What about you? You up to any trouble yourself?" he asked fairly bluntly as he seemed to twist his form to start walking backwards, facing her as he kept up his pace without really any worry for running into something. "I mean, this isn't exactly the kind of place you just hang out in."

Tourmaline

PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 02:39 AM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

The blonde did not seem to notice that he had invaded her personal space as he did not move back after having moved so closed. Instead, he stayed in place as if it were particularly normal. How utterly peculiar. Most would have moved back instead of staying in place. However, the thought was quickly replaced with another. While he was quite close was it truly odd that he was this close? What if everyone kept this close to those around them? It was interesting notion to consider and she concluded, rather quickly, that it would be rather poor for the health of others.

Besides, it seemed to not matter much considering that they had continued walking. Instead, she focused her attention on their conversation. Slowly, she nodded. "That is rather generous of you." Food was rather scarce nowadays and she would think that one would prefer to hoard what they had instead of giving it away, particularly if they had excess.

Ayame frowned slightly. It sounded as if he was in a difficult predicament. While she knew that most were to a degree, she could not help but feel bad for this individual. "I was heading to the clinics," she explained, "My parents are doctors and I tend not to see them often, but ah..." She paused, not sure how to explain her insecurities. She was sure that it was fairly obvious. Her parents were probably quite busy due to the pollination. "I changed my mind. It might be best to look for a way to help others instead, I think."

PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 03:07 AM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
Seeming to cast a glance at her curiously as his brow raised from her comment, Jin shrugged his shoulders slightly before letting them drop. "Maybe. It's a bit generous, but I dunno. Something about people going hungry while I have food. . . Well, I just don't like it, that's all. Plus I'm not looking to build bulk and with dad on rest, he'd just get fat." he explained with a short laugh after, looking to her before clearing his throat. "Erm, sorry. That sounded lame." he'd follow with after, sounding somewhat embarrassed.

It was then Jin listened to the mysterious girl's reasoning for being out here, now just sorta tossing the water bottle up only to catch it as it fell, the liquid splashing around inside the plastic with each motion. As he listened, he simply kept up his calm and continued to toss the bottle up. Shifting his gaze back to her, he came to a stop before pointing a finger to her. "Hey, I'm always happy to hear about another person wanting to help. It is best we all try to work together in hard times, right?" he said with a bit of newly gained enthusiasm, seeming a bit pumped up by her words.

Moving the water bottle back to the box, Jin would quickly shoot out a hand to her. "I know it's probably a bit late now, but the name is Jin. Jin Sakurai of Sakurai Dojo. Nice to meet ya." he'd warmly introduce himself as he'd seem to wait a bit now, keeping his arm held out for as long as it took to either get turned down or a shake like he wanted.

Tourmaline

PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 03:31 AM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

Ayame chuckled at the stranger's words. "No," she corrected, a smile coming to her face, "I understand. It is rather terrible to see so many people in pain. It is unfortunate that not everyone has the same idea as you do. Too many people seem to be inclined towards panic or violence." It was disheartening to think that a situation such as this would lead so many to turn against others instead of helping. No doubt so much more could be done if others worked in such a manner.

The blonde seemed intent to listen to her speak; however, she could tell that she had caught his attention at the mention of looking for something to help others. Well, that or the mention of her parents was far more interesting than she had thought it was. "Yes," she agreed, "Though..." She peered at him, a rush of familiarity at his words. She was quite convinced that he was Citrine now, though she doubted that he knew who she was if how he was acting was any way to go by. How...disappointing. "You talk about that like you commonly make to help others?"

She hummed before accepting his hand, attempting to commit the name to memory. She feared that she might forget it later. "You as well. My name is Ayame Yamamoto."

PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 04:08 AM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
Seeming to take some enjoyment as she praised his words when he figured others would call it dorky or something, Jin let his smile quickly resurface behind his mask. "Well, I uh. . . Appreciate that. Yeah, people can be pretty dumb right now." he nodded, moving a hand to rub the back of his head before he let out a sigh. "But I can kinda understand it too. Everyone's scared. It sucks, but sometimes they just need their sense knocked back into them."

Jin quickly nodded his head a few times as she mentioned his talk. "Yeah, I help out a little here and there. Usually I'm looking for missing people in the zones people don't really wanna go into. Or sometimes I confront troublemakers who threaten the camps." he spoke with an obvious annoyance as he referred the latter subject. "Usually I wait for them to come back and uh. . . Kinda kick their butts I guess. I'm pretty capable in fighting and most of Tokyo doesn't have firearms so I've got pretty good odds for me. Though fighting anymore than one on one is always a bit scary, I guess." he would seem to explain it as if it had just sorta become a casual subject to him at this point, looking to Ayame before shaking his head. "Er, I'm rambling again. Basically if people have problems, I try to solve them."

Gripping her hand with a firm hold, though aware to not squeeze hard, Jin would seem to wait a moment. "Ayame, eh?" he grinned slightly, seeming to not really care about proper manners as he chuckled a bit. "I like that. It's a nice name." he said eagerly before going to return her hand to her, placing his own into his pocket. "Well Yama-San, what exactly do you do if you don't mind me asking? If your parents are doctors, do you know anything about that? You'd surely be a welcome sight to any camp if so."

Tourmaline

PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 04:43 AM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

Ayame slowly nodded. "It is...understandable. The flora are an unknown and they only seem to be making things worse. Whether they might ever be gone..." She paused, stopping the thought immediately. She held faith that it was not impossible for the flora to be gone. Even if others around them could not find a way for them to leave, she would try her hardest to do so. There was something incredibly wrong about the flora. They did not belong and were causing more harm than she understood. "Well, I can imagine why some might worry that they will never leave."

The blonde began to answer her question and she could admit that she had not expected what he told her. "That sounds quite dangerous," she said. After all, she knew that there were a lot of unsolved problems. In particular, this zone had a lot. While there were places to help others, many were left without care because there were simply too many people in need. Moreover, the best resources were unaffordable to the majority. "Have you not gotten hurt before?"

The two shook hands, a gesture that felt quite familiar in contrast to the foreign culture of Japan. She smiled slightly at his words. "Thank you," she said. Belatedly, the two withdrew and she placed her hands together. "Me?" she said, blinking slightly. She took a moment to consider how to answer the question, a far off look crossing her face. "I am a student...at K.O. University," she said before a grimace quickly took to her features, "I am studying Botany. I know-" More than I should, she thought, but quickly decided to hold her tongue. He did not seem to remember anything, so she probably should not be saying too much. "A bit. I am not sure if I would be very helpful though, Sakurai-san."

[

This post has been edited by Tourmaline: Jun 1 2017, 04:45 AM
PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 12:57 PM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
Looking upon Ayame as she mentioned the possibility of the Flora never leaving, he gave a quick shake of his head. "It will leave. It has to. And if I have to get strong enough to rip the stuff outta the ground myself, I will. But if we lose hope on it vanishing, we're already doomed. That's another reason why I do what I do, I guess. Something good has to happen for people or they might give in, ya know?" he let out a sigh and rolled his free shoulder a few times. Carrying the box was starting to make his one arm sore, but he didn't seem to have any intention of dropping it until he got where he was going.

Seeming a bit underwhelmed by the woman's reply, usually getting scolded by adults for being so reckless, Jin seemed to let out a light laugh in response. "Well yes, it is dangerous. And yeah, I get hurt a bit when I fight mainly. It's not surprising for thugs to get a lucky punch or several in. But I keep fighting. I kick and punch with all my might until they go down. I dunno, I've always kinda been tough so that helps. Plus having a dad who teaches martial arts is fairly helpful." he said before going to throw a punch into the air as an example, grinning a bit more under his mask before looking over to see her reaction, hoping to not had scared off his new friend already.

Seeming quite a bit surprised as he looked to her now, Jin's eyes widened, he watched her for a second before slumping his shoulders. "Figures I meet a new city helper and then they turn out to be the cool senpai. Man." he groaned the last word with a bit of played up disappointment before quickly straightening himself himself out and looking to her. "I dunno why you think you couldn't help though. Not like you need to take on the world. Just giving people something to smile about can probably inspire them to push on another day. No matter how strong we are or aren't, we've all gotta work together if we wanna beat these fricken plants. So don't sell yourself short, alright?" he'd explain cheerfully before going to move his hand to give her a playful slap on the back.

Tourmaline

PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 03:03 PM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

Ayame laughed at Jin's words. While she knew he was serious, he did provide a humorous image. "Yes," she agreed, "And I am sure people are looking for it." The only problem was that it had become much harder to be happy and hopeful. She could understand why someone could look at their current situation and think that there was no hope. The mortality rate had gone up and Japan was in quarantine. In many respects, it appeared as though they were on their own.

Some relief came to her at Jin's response. "Well, that is good. There..." She paused, unsure of how to phrase it. While her heart went out to all, she did not think that the crime that some had devolved to was right. If anything, it just made things harder for others. "There are a lot of thugs and crime. It would be terrible if you got hurt because someone did not care." She offered him a small smile. "However, I am sure that you are doing the right thing."

After all, too many people seemed to be swept under the rug. It was good to see that there were other people who wanted to help instead of ignore something that could later become a problem.

She chuckled at his words, both amused and flattered by them. "I would not say that. I am probably a bit too absent-minded to be cool. I tend to forget a lot more than wearing my mask- kind of get lost in my thoughts." Or, whatever that switch in her train of thought was. It seemed similar to her thoughts, but they were rarely things that she would think herself.

Ayame tilted her head at his words, rolling them over in her mind. "I...suppose you are right, Sakurai-san," she admitted, "I do want to help, but I am not sure where to start."

PM
^
Citrine
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 03:55 PM
Citrine
Gaians
""
Student
Inner Power
Jin
is Offline.

Jin Sakurai
Judo Trained Gaian!
Seeming to take some enjoyment from Ayame's comment regarding the people, Jin gave a more soft smile as he thought about it himself. "I just want things to go back to normal, you know. Go back to regular school. Play in the snow when winter came. People once more acting appropriate together." he clenched his fist tightly for a moment before relaxing his hand. "But it's not all bad, I suppose. I get to meet new people now I probably wouldn't have ever had the chance to talk to, like you for instance." he said as he looked at her with a more joyful gaze now.

Jin seemed to let out another light laugh as mentioned the state of the city, himself nodding. "Well, if I get hurt then I do it knowing I got myself into it. Besides. . . I have this weird thing, I guess. It'll sound lame but don't laugh. Basically when I try to walk away from confronting crime or helping someone, my body just kinda stops. Like it is telling me no. And next thing I know, I'm finding myself following it's example, turning back and everything." he explained a bit cautiously to try his best to not make himself sound crazy. "I guess it's because my dad would tell me things like if I can do good, I shouldn't hesitate. Never really realized how much that meant to me until now." he said simply, unaware of what really may had been guiding his hand.

"Well, either way you're older than me. I'm still working my way through high school. Although I suppose there really isn't much work to do there nowadays." he shrugged before looking to her, going to give a thumbs up. "But either way, I think you're pretty cool. I mean, you're willing to walk through a place like this to see your family. And I think that takes guts." he said with obvious encouragement.

Jin then turned his gaze to her, staring at her hard for a moment before going to move his hand up to pull down his mask, flashing her a wide grin. "There, you made me smile. That can be your start. So instead of worrying so much about what to begin with, you can look forward to what to do next, right?" he spoke as if what he said made much real sense, but he seemed satisfied with his words as he slowly replaced the mask back over his mouth.

Tourmaline

PM
^
Tourmaline
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 05:05 PM
Tourmaline
Gaians
""
K.O. University Student
Ecokinesis
ayame
is Online.

Ayame hummed in agreement. "Things were a bit easier before." It did sound a bit depressing if she spoke about it like that. She felt like she was speaking about her past, a time long forgotten and undiscovered. After all, the eternal spring was relatively new and the flora was something that had only been around for such a short period that she had seen what Tokyo had looked like before it had ruined the country when her family had first moved to the country. "Especially school. A normal college experience would be nice." She was quite sure she was having the exact opposite.

She...was unsure if she would have minded in the past. She could not recall Tourmaline's time with her family. In fact, she did not even know if she had possessed a family. As such, her image was skewed. However, she found that she currently minded the lack of normality. Her life had already been quite abnormal due to her parents' work. She had never had a normal school experience or a stable friendship. College was supposed to have changed that, but it seemed as if the abnormality was only growing.

Her lips quirked upwards. "It is nice to meet others," she admitted, "Hopefully others are brought together by the experience as well." She preferred the idea. It was as pleasant as imagining a green sky.

Ayame became quiet at Jin's explanation. A sense of familiarity came to her at his words. It reminded her of what things had been like over the last few years. She had always known more than she should and it had only grown after she remembered her named and station. Clarity had only come to her memories had come to her. She had not merely known, but it had been the barest of her memories leaking through. It sounded as though Jin was having a similar experience. While the actual memories were not present, Jin's memories as Citrine were leaking through in his actions.

She considered what to do, unaware that she might have been silent for too long. "I...understand," she finally said, "It is like that for me sometimes. I sometimes just...know things, things I do not recall having learned." She offered a small smile, not bothering to make a claim that she thought she might just be remembering things she had forgotten. After all, it was difficult to know when she did not have all of her memories. She just knew that some things were off and she was still learning- or relearning, she supposed.

She shrugged at the comment about her being older. She knew that it meant something to others, but it was hard for her to sympathize. She was a foreigner and had spent most of her life jumping from country to country. Japan's culture was not something she fully understood yet and the current situation did not exactly make it easier for her to learn. "I suppose," she admitted, "But it is not that different," she said carelessly, not seeming to realize how her words sounded, "My parents have always worked in dangerous conditions in different countries. I am used to having to wander through uncomfortable places if I want to see them."

She blinked as he suddenly turned to her, staring at her for a moment before letting out a startled laugh at his words and actions. "You are quite silly, Sakurai-san," she said, "Though..." She hesitated, not sure if she should tell him. After all, telling someone, even if they were from her past, that she wanted to find out more about the flora did not seem like a good idea.

PM
^
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Tourmaline

Topic Options
Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES